ATM withdraw fees, cheapest?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
chinesetakeaway
Expatriate
Niue

ATM withdraw fees, cheapest?

Post by chinesetakeaway »

It’s been a while since I had to use a foreign card in an ATM here but my US broker has stopped all transfers to Cambodia for non residents of Cambodia. Anyway, transferwise etc or local ATM withdraw? I use Revolut card which charges no fees up to 400 euros but doesn’t cover local ATM charges.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: ATM withdraw fees, cheapest?

Post by timmydownawell »

Visa: BRED Bank $4*
Mastercard: Vattanac Bank $4

*Visa at MB Bank (Military Bank of Vietnam) is free, but their ATMs are almost always down and they only have like 3 or 4 places in PP anyway.

Hopefully someone knows better.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

BRED bank- I haven't tried them. Must check them out.

Vattanac- I found I could only withdraw $500 with my aussie mastercard debit card.

MB bank- to my knowledge, their ATMS haven't been operating since late last year and I keep an eye on the one at the top of st 118 (Mekong River hotel) and never see anyone using it. Indeed last time I tried it, it just spits the card back out with some error message...dunno why they don't just put a sign that it's not operating (TIC). Only good for Visa anyway.

UCB bank $4- handy ATM location on st 130 and I can withdraw up to $1000 with my aussie visa debit card.

Now that I've discovered Worldfirst and prefer it over Transferwise, transferring from my aussie bank account to my local Acleda account gets a good exchange rate and only $15 total fees, I prefer now to do a bulk transfer rather than periodic ATM withdrawals using my foreign card.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:35 pm Vattanac- I found I could only withdraw $500 with my aussie mastercard debit card.

MB bank- to my knowledge, their ATMS haven't been operating since late last year and I keep an eye on the one at the top of st 118 (Mekong River hotel) and never see anyone using it. Indeed last time I tried it, it just spits the card back out with some error message...dunno why they don't just put a sign that it's not operating (TIC). Only good for Visa anyway.
Yes, $500 limit at Vattanac.

MB Bank I stopped checking after they switched from MC to Visa. It was always only a 1-in-10 shot that their ATM would actually work anyway. And as I discovered, if the one at Mekong was down, the others were all down as well. It's their entire network that seems to be stuffed.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:35 pm UCB bank $4- handy ATM location on st 130 and I can withdraw up to $1000 with my aussie visa debit card.
Just to clarify. It was a while ago but I think I also tried my Mastercard there but could only withdraw maximum $500 whereas my visa card allowed $1000. Might be worth checking though coz not 100% sure.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

Sacom is 1.5%, minimum charge $1.50, max charge $4. Did it an hour ago so those are definitely up to date fees.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Bubble T wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:23 pm Sacom is 1.5%, minimum charge $1.50, max charge $4. Did it an hour ago so those are definitely up to date fees.
Visa or Mastercard?
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:36 am
Bubble T wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:23 pm Sacom is 1.5%, minimum charge $1.50, max charge $4. Did it an hour ago so those are definitely up to date fees.
Visa or Mastercard?
Visa.
chinesetakeaway
Expatriate
Niue

Post by chinesetakeaway »

Bubble T wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:45 am
Visa or Mastercard?
Visa.
What’s the maximum amount in a single transaction at Sacom?
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

chinesetakeaway wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:19 pm
Bubble T wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:45 am
Visa or Mastercard?
Visa.
What’s the maximum amount in a single transaction at Sacom?
No idea, sorry. Probably depends on your card issuer though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic