USA votes - prediction time

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: USA votes - prediction time

Post by Clemen »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:17 pm
Username Taken wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:09 pm
"You must log in to continue."

:popcorn:
Guess ya need a fb account :beer3:

doesn't everyone have one nowadays?

Our Aussie friends getting in on it
Um, no, no Facebook. Facebook “pixel” tracking blocked as a matter of course. Please “copy, pasta” if it’s not too much trouble. That’s not a dig at you, it’s just that I have the same faith in Facebooks good intentions as I do with the “masseuse” when I go for a 10,000 Riel massage with a grand in hundreds in my pocket.
up to you...
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I just watched Biden acceptance speech, did america just vote in an evangelist? Hail Mary
At least trump wasn't all goody goody praise the lord.
:o
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:17 pm Guess ya need a fb account :beer3:

I used to have one but then I found it too risky one day as it links and links and links, I will not be able to handle it if my dinner companions start to link up.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

timmydownawell wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:17 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:17 pm
Username Taken wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:09 pm
"You must log in to continue."

:popcorn:
Guess ya need a fb account :beer3:

Looks like you're trying to share a private message?
Yea;
My bad;
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

atst wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:42 pm I just watched Biden acceptance speech, did america just vote in an evangelist? Hail Mary
No, he totally didn't have this lady as his spiritual advisor.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

atst wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:42 pm I just watched Biden acceptance speech, did america just vote in an evangelist? Hail Mary
That’s a joke right? You need to add /s after a post when it’s sarcasm, in case people don’t get it.
Remember when his Orangeness tear gassed and beat peaceful protesters for a photo op at a church? One of the guys who objected to this, the secretary of defense, just got shit canned, via Twitter of course.
“But Esper (now former secretary of defense) was not the only military official who spoke out against the president's threat of using the military to strong-arm demonstrators against racial violence. Gen. Mark A. Milley apologized to troops in June after he was seen walking across Lafayette Square in front of the White House for a photo op. Just minutes earlier, police had beaten demonstrators and reporters and shot tear gas at a peaceful protest gathered in the square to clear a path for the president to walk to nearby St. John's Episcopal Church to briefly pose in front of the cameras with a Bible.”
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/sa ... er-twitter

All U.S. presidents need to suckle the Christian teat, it’s tradition, and no matter their actual beliefs, much less actions, the mumbo-jumbo vote is very important.
up to you...
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Clemen wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:43 pm

All U.S. presidents need to suckle the Christian teat, it’s tradition, and no matter their actual beliefs, much less actions, the mumbo-jumbo vote is very important.
Wow but your probably right politics isn't about morals it's sucking up to whoever votes
And I wasn't joking , surprised with the blatant I'm a god lover and you must be too.
Religion, politics and wages, never discuss if you want to keep friends.
Glad I'm in Cambodia
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I see Trump never conceding and refusing to step down even as Biden is sworn in. He'll be laying on his death bed proclaiming "I'm still the POTUS, and the longest serving POTUS ever..."like the deluded insane nutjob he is.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

It's still a long shot, but my odds are dropping every day that some of Trumps supporters, genuinely believing there has been widespread fraud, will violently revolt.
This is not just dumbflock ego or some kind of mentally illness - it is a very very dangerous trip that he is on.

Not to mention the damage he is doing to the global "democracy" brand.
If the president of the USA will not play by the rules - what kind of a message does that send to those all over the world who are struggling to overcome dictatorship? And to the dictators themselves?
A smooth transition of power is a fundamental bedrock of our whole political philosophy. Without it we stand for zot.
Johno35
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Johno35 »

They’re going for it!

Angelina Jolie’s dad Jon Voight, “This is now our greatest fight since the civil war.” “The battle of righteousness versus Satan.”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic