Paying for a letter of invitation

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
GarfieldsLasagna
Expatriate
Cambodia

Paying for a letter of invitation

Post by GarfieldsLasagna »

So a 'friend' of mine is looking to get a letter of invitation from a company, and has had a few offers from people on FB.

Theirs a IVtour Jeep safari tours fb page that says they can sort this for $150 my 'friend' wonders if anyone has successful got a Visa with a 'Letter of invitation' with this 'IVtour Jeep safari tours' or any other said businesses offering this service?
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Paying for a letter of invitation

Post by Yerg »

Ask @basta.binici
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

My worry would be that an unscrupulous person might hang it over you once you were in the country, and use the threat of deportation to rinse you for “renewal fees”...
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Don't do it, they're just ripping people off.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

tell your 'friend' to fook off, and don't try to abuse the system

monstra mihi bona!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Yerg wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:03 am Ask @basta.binici
Wasn't he struggling to get in himself a few weeks ago?
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:05 am
Who are you working for. I am in Cambodia during all corona.
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

GarfieldsLasagna wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:17 am So a 'friend' of mine is looking to get a letter of invitation from a company, and has had a few offers from people on FB.

Theirs a IVtour Jeep safari tours fb page that says they can sort this for $150 my 'friend' wonders if anyone has successful got a Visa with a 'Letter of invitation' with this 'IVtour Jeep safari tours' or any other said businesses offering this service?
$150 is a very good price. I couldn't offer one at the same price. Don't forget that most of the embassies also require a certificate of validation invitation.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

basta.binici wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:01 am
Kammekor wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:05 am
Who are you working for. I am in Cambodia during all corona.
I'm just a puppet in Trump's army of trolls. Guess Mrs Dementia has got on to me.

I thought I recalled some posts in which you stated otherwise. But did you notice the questionmark in my post?

Guess this one triggered me back then, of course could you have asked for someone else, or just for general information or <fill in>.
basta.binici wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:31 pm How to come from Italy to Phnom Penh safely? Are there any guaranteed or highly probable routes and companies?
Jonzom
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Jonzom »

basta.binici wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:04 am
GarfieldsLasagna wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:17 am So a 'friend' of mine is looking to get a letter of invitation from a company, and has had a few offers from people on FB.

$150 is a very good price. I couldn't offer one at the same price. Don't forget that most of the embassies also require a certificate of validation invitation.
Whats a certification of validation invitation?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic