Paying for a letter of invitation

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
blueman.cambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Paying for a letter of invitation

Post by blueman.cambodia »

lagrange wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:06 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:48 pm
lagrange wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:42 am
blueman.cambodia wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:56 pm I can not find it again with a quick google search... was in media early 2019 or late 2018... Khmer woman (hotel owner in PP) sentenced to 3 years prison for doing fake employment letters for some 70+ "employment letters" for foreigners. Was according to media charging $250 for each letter.
It must have been later than that. Cambodia stopped issuing visas on arrival in March this year, so up to then you wouldn't need a letter, just a plane ticket.
Letters of Invitation/Employment letters have always been required when applying for an E-type Visa in Advance from a Cambodian Embassy.

I believe the lady in question, if my memory serves me correct, was busted for providing fake letters of employment for people to apply for their EB Extension of Stay in Cambodia.

Nothing to do with Visas on Arrival.
Oh OK my mistake, I thought the post was about getting an entry visa, not an extension.
I was referring to the EB (business/employment) Visa.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic