ABA Swift transfers

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: ABA Swift transfers

Post by xandreu »

samrong01 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:25 am I have done an ABA Swift transfer twice which required a reference. On their online banking there is a field down the bottom where you can put in a reference and there is also a box on the form if you do it over the counter. It went through with no problem other than the bank questioning the purpose of the remittance which is none of their business.
Thanks for the reply. Just to be clear, when you say the field at the bottom, which one do you mean?

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

xandreu wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:28 am
samrong01 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:25 am I have done an ABA Swift transfer twice which required a reference. On their online banking there is a field down the bottom where you can put in a reference and there is also a box on the form if you do it over the counter. It went through with no problem other than the bank questioning the purpose of the remittance which is none of their business.
Thanks for the reply. Just to be clear, when you say the field at the bottom, which one do you mean?
Looks like you are using their mobile banking app but I use the online banking. In online banking you can see "Payment Details" at the bottom of the screen. In order to do the remittance you have to get one of their electronic tokens (cost $25) as you can not do it using the standard SMS login. The token is really complicated to use and you will need to go to the bank several times to figure out how to use it. The staff also have no clue how it works and they will print some instructions for you on request. You can also set up a template for recurring transactions.

Its easier to go into the bank and fill out the paper form which has a similar layout with Payment details at the bottom.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

^^ thanks. It will be a regular transaction which is why I'm so desperate to set it up properly. I'll go into the beach as you suggested but it does rather negate the point of having a section on their app to do it. Thanks for the help.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

samrong01 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:30 am electronic tokens (cost $25) as you can not do it using the standard SMS login. The token is really complicated to use
:? The crypto card and reader is extremely simple to use, there is nothing complicated about it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic