end of 3000$ fee??

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Mezzanine
Tourist
Germany

end of 3000$ fee??

Post by Mezzanine »

I would like to know what you guys think if the fee will still be charged next year.
Rumors said it should stop until chinese new year.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: end of 3000$ fee??

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Are you referring to the deposit that foreigners arriving in Cambodia have to pay to cover testing and quarantine expenses?

If so, it was reduced to $2000 at the start of August.

No one knows when the current restrictions and requirements will be eased or ceased. Rumours are just that, rumours...don't believe anything you hear until there is an official announcement.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Given the horrendous escalation in infection rates in most other countries I dont think 'safe' places like Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand , Sri Lanka etc will relax border controls any time soon. The success or otherwise of the long awaited vaccine may be the turning point. Or not.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

I heard from a colleague who lives i. Vietnam and who had in turn spoken to someone one to the subject that Vietnam had resuspended travel as they didn't want any potential for cases before the communist party congress in January.
Additionally he heard that after that they would not lift quarantine restrictions until a vaccine was available and that vaccination may be a pre condition of travel
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Element6 wrote:I heard from a colleague who lives i. Vietnam and who had in turn spoken to someone one to the subject that Vietnam had resuspended travel as they didn't want any potential for cases before the communist party congress in January.
Additionally he heard that after that they would not lift quarantine restrictions until a vaccine was available and that vaccination may be a pre condition of travel
So we are hearing from you, who heard from a colleague who had spoken to 'someone'. I wonder who 'someone' heard this from.

Sounds a wee bit chinese whispery.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

khmerhamster wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:55 pm
Element6 wrote:I heard from a colleague who lives i. Vietnam and who had in turn spoken to someone one to the subject that Vietnam had resuspended travel as they didn't want any potential for cases before the communist party congress in January.
So we are hearing from you, who heard from a colleague who had spoken to 'someone'. I wonder who 'someone' heard this from.

Sounds a wee bit chinese whispery.
It must be so because "they" said it was so.
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by God'sGift »

I guess 2000 is better than 3000, still, doesn't exactly make Cambo the 'affordable' destination it is legendary for
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

God'sGift wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:52 pm I guess 2000 is better than 3000, still, doesn't exactly make Cambo the 'affordable' destination it is legendary for
It's only a deposit, you get most back if you don't have to do 14 days quarantine, it's a damn sight cheaper than some Thailand or Australia
So your expecting Cambodia to give you free covid test and accommodation on arrival?
Last edited by atst on Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
BigDee
Expatriate
Australia

Post by BigDee »

God'sGift wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:52 pm I guess 2000 is better than 3000, still, doesn't exactly make Cambo the 'affordable' destination it is legendary for
you get most of it back, the last 6 people i have brought in were charged all up just under $400.
2 nights in a hotel, then jobs done if all clear. you do need to wait 14 days to get the remaining coin back
Mezzanine
Tourist
Germany

Post by Mezzanine »

I know thats a difficult question but I think there are some experienced guys who can maybe tell me.

Does the situation change for me to get a visa in january if I travel in from HK as husband of a khmer with her together?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic