American STEPHEN GREATSINGER (Khmer440 Member 'BSCW') Arrested in Cambodia After US Embassy Threats

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: American STEPHEN GREATSINGER (Khmer440 Member 'BSCW') Arrested in Cambodia After US Embassy Threats

Post by Alex »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:42 am Sorry that he is dying of metastatic cancer is Laos. Aggressive treatment - surgery, experimental chemo, whole body radiation for the stage 4 cancer costs a fortune with maybe a 20% survival rate (or less) in 5 years. Expensive, painful treatment. This is a man who scaled the walls of the US Embassy because it wasn’t open at a time he wanted it to be. Would he stay the course and take all the treatment or just be wasting everyone’s time?

The poor guy has problems that he should have worked out decades ago. And maybe he wouldn’t be in Laos dying of cancer and having his partner ask President Biden to wave a magic wand and cure him.

These are just my opinions, of course.
I'll take this one step further. Even if this wasn't him, but myself, I'd say go for morphine and be done with it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic