Can you use Wing - Deemoney to send money from here to TH & into a Bangkok Bank acct.?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Can you use Wing - Deemoney to send money from here to TH & into a Bangkok Bank acct.?

Post by Josh_76 »

I assume it's possible but I'd like a confirmation first.

Wing customer service doesn't answer. Deemoney cs didn't answer the crucial part and of course, nobody here, including those who run the Wing Cash Expresses know, since basically nobody uses it to send money to Thailand.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Can you use Wing - Deemoney to send money from here to TH & into a Bangkok Bank acct.?

Post by phuketrichard »

Use Western union
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
STEVITO
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Can you use Wing - Deemoney to send money from here to TH & into a Bangkok Bank acct.?

Post by STEVITO »

I assume you have a reason to use Wing...but Bangkok Bank has branches in Cambodia so assume you could pay in directly....
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Why not consider/use Cambodia Post international money transfer to Thailand?

Details here:

https://www.cambodiapost.post/en/page/m ... r-service)

OML
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

STEVITO wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:10 pm I assume you have a reason to use Wing...but Bangkok Bank has branches in Cambodia so assume you could pay in directly....
No you cannot pay in or withdraw from a thai bkk bank at the branch in PP
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Josh_76 »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:38 pm Use Western union
Why?
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Josh_76 »

Ot Mean Loi wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:54 pm Why not consider/use Cambodia Post international money transfer to Thailand?

Details here:

https://www.cambodiapost.post/en/page/m ... r-service)

OML
Cambodia Post charges 150% more compared to Wing to World.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

You cannot use DeeMoney to send money from Cambodia to Thailand, only in the opposite direction.
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Josh_76 »

Alex wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:46 pm You cannot use DeeMoney to send money from Cambodia to Thailand, only in the opposite direction.
This is incorrect based on all websites involved, plus a press release, the Wing app & Deemoney customer service.
I assume you have never researched this?
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Josh_76 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:06 pm
Alex wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:46 pm You cannot use DeeMoney to send money from Cambodia to Thailand, only in the opposite direction.
This is incorrect based on all websites involved, plus a press release, the Wing app & Deemoney customer service.
I assume you have never researched this?
I've used DeeMoney to send money from Thailand to my Wing account as well as to a few other countries. Where, specifically, do they say on their website that you can transfer money in the opposite direction, pray tell? Genuine question, I'd be interested in having that option at times.

I just had another look and didn't see anything that indicates that what I wrote has changed. But as I can imagine that there's demand, I also wouldn't be surprised if it has or will.

Wing obviously allows you to transfer money to Thailand from their app. That I know, but I also didn't deny that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic