The Drunk Man and the Fruit Seller

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

The Drunk Man and the Fruit Seller

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On October 27, 2020, at 01:30 am, a drunk man was arrested for disturbing a fruit seller and pouring his beer away, at Wat Botum Wattie park, in Sangkat Chaktomok, Khan Don Penh, Phnom Penh.

A witness said before the incident; an unidentified man bought 4 to 6 cans of beer for drinking on the chair at Wat Botum park. After drinking a few cans of beer, the man might be a bit drunk, and he called out to a woman who was selling fruit. He said he would buy all her fruit and started to throw it away, piece by piece. But when he had thrown all her fruit away, he didn't pay for it.
So, the local people called the police for help. When the police arrived, the man took the rest of his beer and poured it away. The police arrested the man for questioning.
A woman named Srey Mao, a fruit seller, told police that she was selling her fruit as normal at Wat Botum Wattie park. Then, the man came to buy her fruit. He threw all her fruit away, and he said he would pay her 200,000 riels, but he didn't pay her anything at all.

The police sent the drunk man to the police station and the woman filed a legal complaint.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Woody
Expatriate
Australia

Re: The Drunk Man and the Fruit Seller

Post by Woody »

200,000 Riels is a lot of fruit
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

That story made my day . I wish I could give out the little reputation thingamajigs ,I feel like such a loser on permanent mod review . I envy all you other lucky bass turds for being able to say whatever you want whenever you want .
Some of my comments are not even acknowledged as being submitted and denied !
I must be poisonus

P.s. 200,000does sound optimal but there is alot of surplus waste in the fruit business, I pity poor fruit sellers .

Cheese 🧀
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I'm guessing that the drunk said "Hey lady (slur), I'll give you 200,000 riel for the whole lot". Whether it was worth that much is another story, but if he promised to pay 200,000r (or $50), then he owes her that. :dm:

Weird story. I hope that some of the people in the park managed to grab a bit of the fruit that he was throwing away.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Would have made sense to get his money first really, I would have thought
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic