18Yo Waitress Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Kandal

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

18Yo Waitress Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Kandal

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News(Kandal): The police arrested an 18 year old girl, Min Chengly, working as a waitress, for drug trafficking on October 22, 2020, at 12:45 pm, on a mango farm at Sangkat Rokar Kapos, Takhmao city, Kandal.

After receiving the information on drug trafficking, the police of the Anti-drug department in Takmao city collaborated with Rokar Kpos police went to raid the scene of suspected drug traffic at a mango farm. Police saw the suspect trying to escape and detained her for questioning.
The police found that the suspect was in possession of 12 (very small) packets of drugs prepared for sale. The suspect told the officers that another person put those drugs in her bag before the raid and then ran away.

The suspect with the evidence was sent to Takmao police station for case preparation.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: 18Yo Waitress Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Kandal

Post by Marty »

Yep, a kingpin trafficker alright.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

^^^
" another person put those drugs in her bag before the raid and then ran away"

Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Agreed. She definitely doesn't look like a drug trafficker.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Got drugs on you, get caught. I couldnt care less, at the very least, complicit at some level.
Live by the sword, die by it.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Soriya wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:23 pm Got drugs on you, get caught. I couldnt care less, at the very least, complicit at some level.
Live by the sword, die by it.
Yeah, but she's 18 and possibly not very bright. IMO someone set her up to sell the drugs and she's probably addicted herself.
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

You may well be right. OTOH: she's possibly very bright. IMO no one set her up to sell the drugs and no way she's addicted herself.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Still incredible to me that people think the problem is drugs and not the systems we have created to deal with them. Perverse, inverted view of society, imo. But hey, maybe I just think that everyone deserves some compassion. After all, if you'd been born into a different family, this could just as easily have been you. I'm not saying the girl doesn't deserve punishment, I'm just saying some of the stuff people say on this forum is fucking cold af.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Yes plenty on this forum done a lot worse I suspect, just never got caught, but it's still illegal and she knew that much.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

siliconlife wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:17 am Still incredible to me that people think the problem is drugs and not the systems we have created to deal with them. Perverse, inverted view of society, imo. But hey, maybe I just think that everyone deserves some compassion. After all, if you'd been born into a different family, this could just as easily have been you. I'm not saying the girl doesn't deserve punishment, I'm just saying some of the stuff people say on this forum is fucking cold af.
Just watched a documentary this week about Whitneys Houston spiralling drug adduction that ended up costing her her life.

Good to know that it wasn't the drugs but the system actually to blame
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic