Flying in from the UK

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Flying in from the UK

Post by HappyChappy »

So my friend wants to move to Cambodia but is unsure what visa's are available to him. Are they still providing EG "looking for work" visas at the boarder for him to then extend to an eb?? If its tourist only it won't work as he wants to move here for the foreseeable future.

And advise given is greatly appreciated!!
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Re: Flying in from the UK

Post by khmerhamster »

Oh for goodness sake.

No, they aren't giving EG visa at the airport, and they never have done. For several reasons, the main reason being that EG visa doesn't exist.

Search on FB for Cambodia Visa and work permit. That has all the answers you'll need, plus some.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I might be wrong but as far as I know they no longer issue any visa's at the "boarder" at all. Your friend will have to organise his visa before he arrives. He should also be aware of the entry requirements in relation to covid also. As the above poster said, it's been the hot topic on Facebook for months. Plenty of up-to-date information on there, but I'm pretty sure nothing has changed in the last few months.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Exactly, Oh for goodness sake! :facepalm:

Sorry Happy, but this question seems to get asked every day.

Top right, Search box, type in 'Visa'. Guarantee you will find the answer to all your questions.
To be absolutely certain, when you get to the search results page, just read the posts by PSD_Kiwi.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

xandreu wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:02 pm I might be wrong but as far as I know they no longer issue any visa's at the "boarder" at all. Your friend will have to organise his visa before he arrives. He should also be aware of the entry requirements in relation to covid also. As the above poster said, it's been the hot topic on Facebook for months. Plenty of up-to-date information on there, but I'm pretty sure nothing has changed in the last few months.
Visa at the "boarder." Oh for fux sake!
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I came across a bunch of newly-arrived guys in a bar recently who looked and behaved like they normally winter in Pattaya.
Good for the bars I suppose.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

As others have correctly pointed out, there are no Visas on Arrival, and certainly no EG Visas on Arrival because there is no such thing, EG is an Extension of Stay category of the E-type Visa.

The issuing of T-type (Tourist) Visas, e-Visas (electronic online tourist visa), Visa exempt entry (ASEAN passport holders) and ALL Visas on Arrival remain suspended.

Land and sea borders remain closed to entry/exit of foreigners without authorisation from the MoFAIC and MoH. International flights in/out of PNH and KOS only.

All Visas must be applied for in Advance from a Cambodian Embassy with the necessary justification and supporting documentation as dictated by the individual Embassies (yes, criteria does vary from Embassy to Embassy). The only Visas currently being issued are;
A-type (Diplomatic)
B-type (Official)
C-type (Courtesy)
E-type (Ordinary) - still incorrectly referred to as "Business" Visa by majority of Cambodian Embassies
K-type (Special) - Cambodian Citizens/Cambodian by descent travelling on Foreign passports

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Thanks Kiwi. Good info. :thumb:
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

What is and who gets a courtesy visa?
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

whatwat wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:16 am What is and who gets a courtesy visa?
Employees of International NGO's with an MoU and their family members, legal foreign spouses of Cambodian Government officials, Foreigners employed by the Government ie. State school employees.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic