Flying in from the UK

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Flying in from the UK

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:04 pm Marriage to a Khmer citizen grants an ordinary visa.
Marriage to a Cambodian Citizen does not automatically entitle a foreigner to an E-type Visa.

As I have said numerous times, each Embassy/Consulate are applying their own criteria, most are being very strict on the requirement for applicants to have employment, an offer of employment or a business in Cambodia. Some are being lenient towards those married to a Cambodian, or with strong ties to Cambodia. A few are handing E-type Visas out like candy with no justification or supporting documentation.

The best thing to do is contact the Embassy/Consulate you are applying to and confirm exactly what their criteria is.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:01 pm Why would a Khmer living anywhere apply for a visa to come home?
Cambodians/Those of Cambodian descent travelling on a foreign passport are entitled to the K-type (Special) Visa, which is free and valid for the lifetime of the passport.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:34 am
Username Taken wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:01 pm Why would a Khmer living anywhere apply for a visa to come home?
Cambodians/Those of Cambodian descent travelling on a foreign passport are entitled to the K-type (Special) Visa, which is free and valid for the lifetime of the passport.
I realize that, but I thought they were issued on arrival in PP, not issued by embassies/consulates.
WizBall
Expatriate
Mauritius

Post by WizBall »

Update Special.. Flew in last night from London after a extremely long journey with Singapore Airways. Quarantined currently in the not so lovely Town View hotel but could of been worse. Anyway the Airport was fine and I was out in and on the bus in 45 minutes. I had the business visa which was issued to me and No letter of invitation as I am here to register my child as a UK citizen. The long and short of it is they didn’t even ask to see the only documentation I had which was her birth certificate just my covid test and insurance. So as long as you can get the Visa issued you are in...

There was some fuss that my insurance document wasn’t stamped? But that soon got sorted out with not too much fuss.

Just playing the waiting game now hope everyone was negative on the flight.

Cheers.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:37 am
I realize that, but I thought they were issued on arrival in PP, not issued by embassies/consulates.
No visas are being issued on arrival, even K visas.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:37 am
The issuing of ALL VOA's remains suspended, including K-type Visas. Even when VOA's are available, applicants can still apply for their Visa in Advance from a Cambodian Embassy/Consulate.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic