What are the options for an electric vehicle?

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: What are the options for an electric vehicle?

Post by mannanman »

Apollo91881 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:45 pm
mannanman wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:23 pm
Apollo91881 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:49 am
mannanman wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:25 pm What’s going on with Voltra?
Their website has been down for weeks and I went past their shop and it’s empty and workers are in there doing stuff.

Have they finished?
They are re-doing the showroom. It should be finished soon.
Are they also refurbishing the website!

They only opened the shop in October 19 (I went there and they had one Voltra, which they wouldn’t let me try outside) so it seems odd they are renovating. Maybe business has been brisk.
Got a mate who has been there a few times as he wanted to buy two but he just gave up and bought them from SHV.

Shame because they are reasonable bikes, if of Chinese origin (no way they make them here).
Some parts Chinese and some Japanese but assembled here.
We have 2 bikes and are very happy with them, but our first purchase was well over 1 year ago.
From what I can tell there will be quite a handful of bikes on display though there were some international shipping disruptions causing delays this past year.
There's another thread somewhere in which shipping was discussed.
My friend is still interested (for his sister and brother) but is worried if they go belly up parts might be an issue.
I’ve ridden his (he bought one second hand) and it’s pretty good but too small. Any barang would look like an idiot on one but they look like idiots on normal motos, so… (me included).

His new one is like a 2000w chopper bike (Cococity?) and is very cool and comfortable. Gets lots of attention.
But it’s got no warranty.
People of the world, spice up your life.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

If anyone has trouble with his electric motorbike or scooter (basically everything electric on 2 wheels), drop me a PN. I have done a couple of crazy conversions and modifications the last few years here in Phnom Penh, starting with equipping one of those $320 rides with a 800W motor (now my daily driver), continuing by creating the range monster (which did a non stop trip from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap) and currently building a sports bike with a 5kW motor (10kW peak) and a 10kW battery pack with prismatic cells. I have lots of parts in my boxes you usually need to order and wait to get delivered from aliexpress. I don't hide that I work for Oyika, however those projects and modifications are purely private and have nothing to do with them (except that I use the space/tools there).
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

https://www.facebook.com/loyal555561
services all electric vehicles
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

the X9 model is $899 with your choice of color. Top speeds of about 50-55kph. Removable battery for easy charging and a range of about 50km
3000 watt, 200 kg capacity
The designs seem to be getting more practical
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

This is the latest model.
Buddy has been using the older model for 2 years.
Had to replace a tire but that is it for maintenance.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

This is my homebuilt 15 spd, dual disc brake, GT Agressor bike. I have been using it for 3 years +.
It is 48V 1000w rear direct drive hub motor with a 52v 17Ah battery.
I have the controller set to 50% and usually cruise at 35 kph , not comfortable going faster in the crazy traffic, the range is over 30 KM +. I've never run it till the battery is spent so not sure how far it will go.
In my opinion this is the way to go no problems with police, registration or licensing. I have driven it just like a normal bicycle wrong way on one-way streets, on side walks, etc.
The saddle bags are used for bringing home the groceries.
If anyone wants more details of if you have questions just ask. Happy to share.

"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

nemo wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:47 pm the X9 model is $899 with your choice of color. Top speeds of about 50-55kph. Removable battery for easy charging and a range of about 50km
Check the front fork. Imagine some heavy breaking with the proposed 200kg load at just 40 kph and I can tell you what will happen ....
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:08 pm
nemo wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:47 pm the X9 model is $899 with your choice of color. Top speeds of about 50-55kph. Removable battery for easy charging and a range of about 50km
Check the front fork. Imagine some heavy breaking with the proposed 200kg load at just 40 kph and I can tell you what will happen ....
got a picture of your scooter?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

nemo wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:14 pm
Similar, quoted 140kg incl bike, so about 100kg. Similar fork.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:56 pm
nemo wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:14 pm
Similar, quoted 140kg incl bike, so about 100kg. Similar fork.
What is the Voltage ? This sounds way too good to be true with that top speed and distance just a decent (not the best) Li-ion battery pack with that capacity would be more than that price. The chinese have some very sketchy battery packs so make sure to test it (speed and distance) before buying and price the availability, type and price of a replacement battery.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic