Xavier The Belgium Scammer Strikes Again! This Time at Alice Pub...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Xavier The Belgium Scammer Strikes Again! This Time at Alice Pub...

Post by John Bingham »

pczz wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:17 pm
They get paid for people looking at the video. usualyy it starts as
'wow saw this fantastic video on youtube, you got to look at it" kching 30000 viewers, few nights beer money
But sometimes its more "man this is the worst video I ever seen on you tube, you gotta see it" kching 300 viwerrs, 2 free beers
now if you wanted to be really clever, make a shit video and get lots of people on lots of forum to look at it. Should hit somewhere in the middle.
there was soe kid in the paper making thousands doing youtube reviews of toys
As far as I know they have to be getting a lot more than 30,000 views before they see any decent money?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:47 pm
pczz wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:17 pm
They get paid for people looking at the video. usualyy it starts as
'wow saw this fantastic video on youtube, you got to look at it" kching 30000 viewers, few nights beer money
But sometimes its more "man this is the worst video I ever seen on you tube, you gotta see it" kching 300 viwerrs, 2 free beers
now if you wanted to be really clever, make a shit video and get lots of people on lots of forum to look at it. Should hit somewhere in the middle.
there was soe kid in the paper making thousands doing youtube reviews of toys
As far as I know they have to be getting a lot more than 30,000 views before they see any decent money?
Quite likely. Iwas just making the point that bad publicity can be as good as good publicity, so long as it generates hits and likes and so on. I am not sure anyone will give accurate figures for the top earners like the guy who posted the suicide victim in japan recently. Companies pay for likes and hits and links through to the website. Very complex subject. the value of each hit depends on the company and its conversion rate, and what they want to achieve from the campaign.. Presumably CEO makes something from advertising on this site and link generation from websites in signatures?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: On May 01 at 11:03, a 43 year old Belgium man, XAVIER ANDRE SEAM, was arrested for living in Cambodia and scamming people to get money on social media and in real life, in Sangkat Beung Trobek, Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh.

The department of investigation and procedure of Phnom Penh police station inspected the Belgian man's immigration status and found that he came to Cambodia the second time in 2018. When he was picked up by police, he had no place to stay, no passport, and was lying to people on Facebook to help him to get his passport back as they gave him 10$ or 20$ each time. There are also a number of reports that he has "borrowed" money from expats and then done a runner.

XAVIER ANDRE SEAM was taken to the Immigration Department in Phnom Penh to follow the legal procedures.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

Good riddance, long overdue.
The address and phone numbers on the last picture are fake, I had looked into that a couple years ago
onico
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by onico »

He was not dead already ?

And me, I try to drink less, eating healthy food, quinao and shit like that, make some exercice to stay in shape... and this guy stay alive swimming inside his crystal meth pool every morning ? :-D The human body works well !

Am I wrong or, he is laughing in the photo ? Didn't see the movie Midnight Express I guess.
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Firefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Firefly »

Looks like he's got some more shrinking to do yet.
'What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.' Charles Bukowski
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic