American fast food burger joint arrives

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Re: American fast food burger joint arrives

Post by Multipox »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:20 pm
Multipox wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:08 pm your avatar photo is appropriate.
you may want to consider joining the Japanese cult of people who take photos of their meals.
Are you having a bad day ? Your latest comments are all snarky/grumpy. :hammerhead:

We are talking about food here. If you do not want to talk about food, if you do not want to read about food, then why comment on a thread about food ?
I was suffering an attack of stupid, but I just thought of a wonderful remedy.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

you may want to consider joining the Japanese cult of people who take photos of their meals.
Are you having a bad day ? Your latest comments are all snarky/grumpy. :hammerhead:

We are talking about food here. If you do not want to talk about food, if you do not want to read about food, then why comment on a thread about food ?
0MG you're the new mod? Did everyone on the General's A-list die of covid?
And, I'm guessing your previous volunteer position was ironing John Bingham's underwear, right?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Multipox wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:18 pm

0MG you're the new mod? Did everyone on the General's A-list die of covid?
And, I'm guessing your previous volunteer position was ironing John Bingham's underwear, right?
Yes, you guessed right, they are all dead and I'm taking over. :crazy:

In case you didn't get the information, this is a community forum and we get to say what we think. You too . I am saying that I think that you are trolling because of persistant off topic comments and insults to other posters. ;-) I was trying to be generous but you obviously have a bee in your multipox hat. Chill.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

KFC Chicken pot pie. Big flaky, buttery crust with big chunks of chicken inside. Icy cold Dr. Pepper to wash it down, and a chocolate chip cookie to completer the meal.

This is KFC (at least in the US).
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Completer isn’t a word. Similarly KFC isn’t “food” in the real sense.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:46 pm .... and we get to say what we think. You too . I am saying that I think that you are trolling because of persistant off topic comments and insults to other posters. ;-) I was trying to be generous but you obviously have a bee in your multipox hat. Chill.
sounds like a threat to get kicked out of dumpster
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

whatwat wrote:Completer isn’t a word. Similarly KFC isn’t “food” in the real sense.
Autocorrect comes up with weird spellings. And how is a pot pie NOT food? There’s starch - the crust, gravy thickener, vegetables - peas and carrots, meat - chunks of chicken. And soft drink to wash it down, and a cookie.

Does that make it a dessert?

Guess KFC can’t make everyone happy all the time.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Don't yall get it? Its the planet culling our species. Listen - 40 years ago we were all concerned about the population explosion and how the number of people on earth would use all the resources, drink all the water and eat all the food. So then we got AIDS, falling birth rates, a couple of wars, obesity and the Coronavirus, and given time the planet will trim down to a more reasonable level of people. So stop complaining, it will all work out in time. Burgers are part of the solution, not the problem.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

lagrange wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:42 am Don't yall get it? Its the planet culling our species. Listen - 40 years ago we were all concerned about the population explosion and how the number of people on earth would use all the resources, drink all the water and eat all the food. So then we got AIDS, falling birth rates, a couple of wars, obesity and the Coronavirus, and given time the planet will trim down to a more reasonable level of people. So stop complaining, it will all work out in time. Burgers are part of the solution, not the problem.
Hmm, so, to drink too much, eat bad food and be overweight is an ecologically responsible and selfless act. You are trying to get off this planet by 70 years old for the greater good of mankind. You blameless for being here, but not if you hang around too long.

I can get behind that...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The Habit Burger Grill Continues International Expansion with Fourth Store Opening In Cambodia

PRESS RELEASE PR Newswire
May. 13, 2021, 12:00 PM
IRVINE, Calif., May 13, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Over 50 years ago, a coastal burger bungalow opened in Santa Barbara, California, and now the award-winning taste of The Habit Burger Grill is coming to Olympic, Cambodia! The California-based restaurant company renowned for its Charburgers grilled over an open flame, signature sandwiches, fresh-cut salads and more will open a fourth restaurant in Phnom Penh, Cambodia on May 14 in partnership with Kampuchea Tela Company, LTD.
https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... 1030426894
Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Sat May 15, 2021 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic