Crocodile Captured Next to Sihanoukville Homes

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Crocodile Captured Next to Sihanoukville Homes

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News, (Sihanoukville): There was a big surprise in Sihanoukville tonight, when a crocodile came up to some people's house in village 2, Sangkat 2, Sihanoukville.
Fortunately, it is a rather small crocodile, and the local people were able to capture it around 8 pm, on October 20, 2020.
It seems that a great time was had by the villagers, who took turns posing with their new friend.
However, for the moment, nobody knows whether this crocodile escaped from a farm or if it came in from the wild. It will be handed over to the authorities.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Crocodile Captured Next to Sihanoukville Homes

Post by John Bingham »

Looks like all the manhandling has given it a heart attack (That is a thing with crocodiles, stress can kill them). 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE
Warning for animal lovers: This does not end well !

Cambodia News, Sihanoukville: Authorities say that a crocodile that villagers found at more than 7 pm on October 20, 2020 in the stream behind the Provincial Information Department in Village 2, Sangkat 2, Sihanoukville today has come to a nasty end.
The person who caught the crocodile, Kang Vanrith, a 39-year-old male construction worker living in Group 12, Village 3, Sangkat 2, Sihanoukville, killed the crocodile and ate it for food. The baby crocodile weighed about six kilograms, and was believed to have escaped from a farm and entered a stream after several days of heavy rain before finding its way to a cooking pot in Village 2.
RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I seem to remember a news item a few days ago where a croc had escaped from a farm but later the farm owner posed for photos and everyone declared that it never escaped from the outer fence, just the little pond it was in. Something like that.

Now a Crocodile turns up and get put in the pot. I wonder if the farm owner will now be demanding compensation?
Wolf359
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Wolf359 »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:41 am I seem to remember a news item a few days ago where a croc had escaped from a farm but later the farm owner posed for photos and everyone declared that it never escaped from the outer fence, just the little pond it was in. Something like that.

Now a Crocodile turns up and get put in the pot. I wonder if the farm owner will now be demanding compensation?
I believe that was in Phnom Penh iirc.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Am i the only one who read the OP and idly thought, "wonder if they eat it?"

So yeah, saw that coming tbqh lol.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic