Kiwi / Aussie Rivalry

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Kiwi / Aussie Rivalry

Post by lagrange »

Why two countries at the arse end of the planet both regard each other with a mix of cynicism, irritation and general friendly competition has always been a mystery. Aussies beat us at cricket, we beat them at rugby. Fair enough. This little TV commercial from NZ a few years ago just about sums it up (good for a laugh, if you are a non-combatant),
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Kiwi / Aussie Rivalry

Post by pauloxleyisland »

Just to add a little fact to your fiction, we don’t really play rugby union as a prime time sport here in Australia. We play cricket and rugby league, those who play union are those that aren’t good enough to play league. That’s probably why NZ beat us at union 😉
I know the big words make your cock feel bigger, but I’m just an old truck driver keep it simple aye! 8)
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

pauloxleyisland wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:35 pm Just to add a little fact to your fiction, we don’t really play rugby union as a prime time sport here in Australia. We play cricket and rugby league, those who play union are those that aren’t good enough to play league. That’s probably why NZ beat us at union 😉
Haha yeah good on you mate, I think you just proved the point I was making, thanks!
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

lagrange wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:40 pm
pauloxleyisland wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:35 pm Just to add a little fact to your fiction, we don’t really play rugby union as a prime time sport here in Australia. We play cricket and rugby league, those who play union are those that aren’t good enough to play league. That’s probably why NZ beat us at union 😉
Haha yeah good on you mate, I think you just proved the point I was making, thanks!
It was to good an invitation to pass up 👍
I know the big words make your cock feel bigger, but I’m just an old truck driver keep it simple aye! 8)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Rugby league isn't even a main sport in Australia
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

atst wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:35 pm Rugby league isn't even a main sport in Australia
You mean Union, don't you?

NRL was NSW once, now it's national. AFAIK, Union used to be just QLD.
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

atst wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:35 pm Rugby league isn't even a main sport in Australia
If you’re in the premier state it is. Maybe not in states where you still ask the operator to connect you 😎
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Aussie rules,is the main sport if you're talking footy, league is nsw,qld Melbourne storm oh and Canberra
Great rivalry in netball if you're talking sport
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Rivalry in sport but nothing else maybe.
AFL final this weekend.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

So once again the All Blacks handed out a world class thrashing to the valiant but hopeless Wallabies. Now there are those who say it's a minority sport in OZ, but that would dishonor the memories of greats like Nick Farr Jones, David Campesi etc, and that they won the Rugby World Cup in 1999. Australia used to be a sporting powerhouse in all codes, in cricket, netball and everything else. What happened, was it a new generation that lost interest? Who knows . It's sad, like watching an old friend gradually losing his powers with age.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic