Homesick Kiwi Blues

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Homesick Kiwi Blues

Post by lagrange »

Mostly I am more than happy with the choices I have made in life, but just sometimes...I wish I was there. A replay on Youtube of the 2nd Bledisloe cup game from yesterday, watching the All Blacks take the Wallabies apart, beautiful late spring day in Auckland, Eden Park packed to capacity, even a few Aussies in the 40,000 odd crowd, I remember all the times I sat in those stands, watching the All Blacks, The Auckland A's, Aces and Blues, cricket tests, one dayers. Can feel the atmosphere through the screen, the excitement. Brother there aint nothing like it nowhere, as the song goes. So I am having a 80 minute homesick blues. Game over, back to reality.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Homesick Kiwi Blues

Post by Anchor Moy »

Go the Blacks!
Yeah, if you want a 'normal' life, then NZ is the place to be. However, all Kiwis returning home must isolate in a quarantine hotel for 14 days. Up to you and what you really want ? (You missed the match already and you have TV. Does it matter that much in the big scheme of things ? )
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:50 pm Go the Blacks!
Yeah, if you want a 'normal' life, then NZ is the place to be. However, all Kiwis returning home must isolate in a quarantine hotel for 14 days. Up to you and what you really want ? (You missed the match already and you have TV. Does it matter that much in the big scheme of things ? )
Yeah, like I said, just that feeling watching the game. I dont think there is a kiwi in the world who would see the boys win at Eden Park and not wish he was there in the crowd. Unless he is a southerner of course.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

LOL. Thinking of my Kiwi friends. Happy days for them. :banana:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic