Dentist in a Lexus Arrested Following Fatal Accident (VIDEO)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Dentist in a Lexus Arrested Following Fatal Accident (VIDEO)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: The official page of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police confirmed that a man has been arrested following an accident on October 15, 2020 at 23:30 at the intersection of Street 173 and Street 328 in Sangkat Tuol Svay Prey I, Khan Boeung Keng Kang. The accident occurred between a black Lexus NX 200T with license plate Phnom Penh 2BH-8494 and a black Honda C125 motorcycle with license plate 1AI-3848.
The Lexus 200T was traveling along Route 173 heading south when it collided head-on with a motorcycle, killing the motorcyclist at the scene and seriously injuring his passenger.
The driver of the car was named Yan Nalina, male, 30 years old, Khmer, Occupation: Dentist (temporarily detained), living at Sangkat Choam Chao II, Khan Por Sen Chey in Phnom Penh.
The accident victims were a 19-year-old construction worker, Khon Tong, who was driving the motorcycle and who died at the scene, and his 17-year-old male passenger, who was severely injured and taken to hospital.
Lt. Gen. Thet, Deputy Commissioner General and Phnom Penh Municipal Police Commissioner, told the press on the night of October 16 that the suspect was indeed in custody and was being prosecuted.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Re: Dentist in a Lexus Arrested Following Fatal Accident (VIDEO)

Post by siliconlife »

This is a murder/attempted murder case, and should be updated to reflect that as the video may not be clear to all.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Isn't this the one where he backed up to try and finish them off?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:42 am Isn't this the one where he backed up to try and finish them off?
Yes. And not tried, he did.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:42 am Isn't this the one where he backed up to try and finish them off?
Jesus, it sure looks like he backed up right over top of one of them.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I think he was backing up to the scene but had no idea one of his victims was lying in the road. Luckily the victim was conscious enough to get out of the way - just.

A terrible waste of a young life, with another with possibility life altering injuries.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Ah, just saw the video but had heard of it on Khmer news. Jesus, love how he flashes the dudes on the ground. Car was totally in the wrong lane.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Looks like no accident, more like murder as mentioned above, he wasn't going slow that's for sure
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Maybe, just maybe, the bike just pulled out of a side road without looking or stopping. I see it every day here. They just pull out because traffic is slow enough to make this a viable method of merging with traffic on a larger road.

When you combine that ingrained driving habit with a dark road, and a driver going way too fast, you have all the ingredients for a fatal accident.

I can't see anything in the video which says murder. Idiocy? Yes. Recklessness? Yes. Intention to kill? No.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:24 pm Maybe, just maybe, the bike just pulled out of a side road without looking or stopping. I see it every day here. They just pull out because traffic is slow enough to make this a viable method of merging with traffic on a larger road.

When you combine that ingrained driving habit with a dark road, and a driver going way too fast, you have all the ingredients for a fatal accident.

I can't see anything in the video which says murder. Idiocy? Yes. Recklessness? Yes. Intention to kill? No.
I think you may be right

Unrelated but just seen a Chinese guy hop in his ferrai and it was screaming as he took off along the riveside total madness with all the pedestrian and touk touks about
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic