Dentist in a Lexus Arrested Following Fatal Accident (VIDEO)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Dentist in a Lexus Arrested Following Fatal Accident (VIDEO)

Post by DaveG »

^^^
Glad I didn't go to him for a root canal then 😳
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

siliconlife wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:04 pm It's well known to Cambodians that if you hit someone in a car, it's cheaper to pay fatality compensation to the family than it is to pay ongoing and possibly extortionate medical bills to an accident survivor. They even joke about it. With this circumstance prevailing, I can't see that the backing over could be passed off as an accident.

Anyway, it's all over the Khmer about how cruel and savage this guy is, so the locals know what's up.
all over Khmer media* I meant to say

This is an unfortunate and twisted, yet sadly typical phenomenon of a low-trust society. The man is a murderer. Lock him away for a long time, no excuses for his sad and disgusting behavior.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Kohker wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:12 pm
DaveG wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:50 pm Why don't people look or even have a quick glance to their left before pulling out of side roads, it take a second just to glance, I look both way every time, not saying that this was the case with this incident but it seems like common sense
If you look you lose face.
And if you don't look you risk losing your entire head.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic