Which is the bigger story? Hunter Biden emails or Twitter censorship?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Which is the bigger story? Hunter Biden emails or Twitter censorship?

Post by nemo »

How about you just shut the fuck up?
Brilliant rebuttal
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Bobulinski
it keeps getting more hilarious

This is supposedly an image of Hunter Biden's Blackberry. One small problem. You can see in the upper left that the cell provider is MTS RUS, a Russian-only cell provider not accessible from anywhere in North America.

OOPS!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Russia WANTS Trump to be elected.
As Does Israel
so everyone will do whatever to discredit Biden

Lies / mis-information is nothing new in Politics.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:39 am Russia WANTS Trump to be elected.
As Does Israel

I would disagree with regards Russia but definitely agree about Israel.
But then being on good terms with the country that has the highest number if Nobel laureates per capita has got to be worth something.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:50 am
As Does Israel

I would disagree with regards Russia but definitely agree about Israel.
But then being on good terms with the country that has the highest number if Nobel laureates per capita has got to be worth something.
Russia definitely wants Trump to be elected for the following reasons:

Putin’s Payout: 12 Ways Trump has Supported Putin’s Foreign Policy Agenda

Since the beginning of Trump’s administration, the White House has demonstrated a clear and consistent pattern of behavior toward Russia by not only calling for better relations with the Kremlin but also actively advancing Russia’s foreign policy objectives. This does not mean the Kremlin explicitly directed or coordinated with the Trump administration on the decisions and actions below. Instead, it shows that Putin’s gamble that a Trump administration would benefit Russia has paid off. The Kremlin has greatly benefited from the election of Donald Trump, a president whose foreign policy decisions and outlook have turned American foreign policy on its head to the great advantage of Putin’s Russia.

Here are twelve ways that Putin has received his payout:
1. Putin’s Goal: Weaken and divide the transatlantic alliance.
o Putin’s Payout:Trump undermines US relationships with European allies and calls the US’s commitment to NATO into question.
2. Putin’s Goal: Degrade the European Union and foster pro-Russian political movements.
o Putin’s Payout:Trump attacks the EU and actively supports anti-EU, Kremlin-backed parties.
3. Putin’s Goal: Disrupt American leadership and dominance of the global economic order.
o Putin’s Payout: Trump is eagerly pushing for an all-out trade war with Europe
4. Putin’s Goal: Build global resentment and distrust towards the US and stoke anti-American sentiment.
o Putin’s Payout: America’s closest allies are explicitly suspicious and distrusting of the US because of Trump’s rhetoric and actions.
5. Putin’s Goal: Relieve economic and domestic political pressure from US sanctions on Russia.
o Putin’s Payout: Trump tries to roll back, impede, and blunt the impact of sanctions at every step.
6. Putin’s Goal: Legitimize his regime in the eyes of the world.
o Putin’s Payout: Trump repeatedly praises and defends Putin, lending the credibility of the US presidency to Putin’s standing.
7. Putin’s Goal: Revive Russia’s status as a great power and gain international recognition for its illegal seizure of Crimea.
o Putin’s Payout:Trump publicly says that Crimea is part of Russia and calls for Russia to be welcomed back into the international community with no concessions.
8. Putin’s Goal: Continue to sow discord in Western democracies and avoid repercussions for interfering in American and European elections.
o Putin’s Payout: Trump dismisses Russian interference and has done nothing to prevent future interference, putting him at odds with his own intelligence community.
9. Putin’s Goal: Soften America’s adversarial stance toward Russia.
o Putin’s Payout: Trump is shifting the Republican Party’s generations-long hawkish views on Russia.
10. Putin’s Goal: Destabilize the US from within.
o Putin’s Payout: Trump attacks US institutions while driving divisive politics and eroding democratic norms.
11. Putin’s goal: Advance the Kremlin’s narrative to shape global perceptions.
o Putin’s payout: Trump has repeatedly, and inexplicably, parroted Kremlin talking points across a range of global issues.
12. Putin’s goal: Undermine international norms and democratic values abroad.
o Putin’s payout: Trump has repeatedly failed to respond to human rights violations or support democracy abroad, creating a more permissive environment for autocrats to crack down.

https://themoscowproject.org/reports/pu ... cy-agenda/
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

As Does Israel

:facepalm:
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

angsta wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:13 pm
As Does Israel

:facepalm:
So i am guessing you are not aware that Isreal has the highest number of Nobel laureates per capita since if you were you would have realised i was referring to the fact Israel, as a country, is the one worth being friends with not Russia.

Also, if push comes to shove with China, and i believe we will see a major conflict with China in my lifetime, it will be Russia, Israel, India and Iran who stand together against Saudi,Pakistan and china.

So yeah... blah blah blah.. Russia Russia Russia.... and ignore china.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Aren't we already friends with Israel?

IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I’ve supported Obama and Hillary and I was real upset in 2016 when Trump won. I thought it was stupid. I believed everything in the news. And I know some people believe that true wokeness doesn’t involve supporting any politicians at all, and that our leaders are selected not elected, so why didn’t Hillary win like she was supposed to? Something happened, something shifted. I have finally come around to seeing the good things about Trump and if you’d told me I would a few years ago I’d assume it meant I was bodysnatched. I do feel like a different person these days. I’m a lot more open minded and calm these days. It might get worse before it gets better but I won’t give up until it’s clear I have to. If Trump was actually evil would the deep state hate him so much? Wouldn’t proof like Hunters laptop surface for Trump by now if it existed? I have heard of nothing to convince me Trump is evil and many things to convince me he’s not. I think it’s gonna be another landslide, guys. Brace for impact. It’s gonna be a bumpy landing.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Dirty tricks ? And, if so, do Trump supporters care about whether the dirty tricks are false information ?

As election day nears, what final dirty tricks could Trump turn to?
Days before the election, Hunter Biden emails dropped with a roll call of Trump associates involved in ‘discovering’ them – and experts say it probably isn’t the last of the dirty tricks
Ed Pilkington and Martin Pengelly

Sat 24 Oct 2020 08.30 BST
Last modified on Sat 24 Oct 2020 08.32 BST

On 28 October 2016, the then director of the FBI, James Comey, dropped a bomb into the middle of the presidential race. With just 11 days to go until election day, he announced that his agents were investigating a newly discovered batch of emails from Hillary Clinton’s personal server.

The highly irregular intervention led nowhere, but it was enough to wreak havoc in the final stretch of the contest, putting Clinton on the defensive and giving Donald Trump an artificial leg-up. To this day, many Democrats – and Republicans – are convinced it played a substantial role in Trump’s unexpected victory.

Twenty days before election day 2020, the Trump campaign dropped what it hoped would be a similar bomb into the middle of the current race. On 14 October, the New York Post (owner: Rupert Murdoch) splashed with the screaming headline “Biden Secret Emails”.

The paper alleged that a laptop had been discovered at a computer repair shop in Delaware, the home state of the Democratic presidential candidate, Joe Biden. On its hard drive, the Post said, were stored personal emails from Biden’s son Hunter Biden that pointed to inappropriate conflicts of interest between the younger Biden’s business interests in Ukraine and the elder’s diplomatic work as then vice-president.

It was a case of Clinton emails redux. Like the 2016 saga, the Hunter Biden emails were flimsy in their contents and, in this case, of dubious provenance.

The cast of characters involved in “discovering” the laptop was like a roll call of some of Trump’s most discredited associates. At the center of the ploy were Trump’s former chief strategist Steve Bannon, who has been charged with fraud and money laundering related to the border wall with Mexico; and Rudy Giuliani, who has questions of his own to answer over his blush-inducing appearance in Sacha Baron Cohen’s new movie, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm.

How the Hunter Biden story came to be put together from inside the New York Post also raised eyebrows. The New York Times reported that the journalist at the Post who wrote most of the account refused to attach his name to it because of doubts over the credibility of the material.

The lead byline on the story, Emma-Jo Morris, recently worked as a producer on the Fox News Show of the Trump loyalist Sean Hannity. The second byline, Gabrielle Fonrouge, had little to do with the article and only learned her name was on it after it was published, the Times reported.

Such machinations over a controversial story are nothing new within the Post’s newsroom, a former employee of the paper told the Guardian. “When I saw that Hunter Biden piece I had flashbacks to how shitty that place was. That’s happened to me there. I’d wake up and think, ‘I didn’t write that story,’” the journalist said.

The Hunter Biden story was a transparent effort to replicate the undoubted success of the Clinton emails hit of 2016. But as a work of political dirty tricks, it was too obvious to impress many.

“It’s blatant and it’s desperate,” was the assessment of Elaine Karmack, senior fellow at the Brookings Institution. It was also tired. “The Hunter Biden allegations were fully aired during impeachment. If you want a real October surprise you have to come up with something new,” she said.

If it failed to hit its mark, the Biden ruse did at least flag up the lengths to which Trump and friends are prepared to go to hang on to presidential power. Karmack predicted that more dirty tricks are yet to come.

“We have 10 days to go, who knows what else they could cook up. You have a president who has his back against the wall and is acting increasingly bizarrely,” Karmack said.

John Weaver, the chief strategist to John Kasich during his presidential battle with Trump in the Republican primaries in 2016 and now co-founder of the anti-Trump group of disaffected former Republicans, the Lincoln Project, urged the nation to brace itself for a wild ride in the final days. “The next two weeks are going to see dirty tricks on a scale we can’t imagine, nor would we want to.”

Weaver pointed out that dirty tricks in American politics are as old as the nation. They can be traced all the way back to the 1796 contest.

In that race between John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, vying to replace George Washington as president, Alexander Hamilton, acting on behalf of Adams and their Federalist party, adopted the pseudonym of Phocion. He then wrote a scurrilous article in the Gazette of the United States accusing Jefferson of having an affair with a female slave.

If that sounds bad, it was as nothing compared with what we are witnessing today, Weaver said. “What we are seeing from Trump is on a scale, and in the crossing of norms and willingness to blatantly make things up out, and the mean-spiritedness of it, on another level. Even when Hamilton and Jefferson were going after each other they had respect for the new institutions they had just helped put in place – there’s no respect for any institution now.”

Hunter Biden is just the thin end of the wedge. The Trump coterie have also been trying to reheat the grotesque “Pizzagate” conspiracy theory that did the rounds in 2016 claiming that Hillary Clinton was at the center of a pedophile ring – this time with the Bidens the focus.

The lie was aired this week by the Fox Business Network anchor Maria Bartiromo and alluded to by Trump when he refused to denounce the cult conspiracy theory QAnon in an NBC News town hall.
More: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... l-election
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic