Which is the bigger story? Hunter Biden emails or Twitter censorship?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Which is the bigger story? Hunter Biden emails or Twitter censorship?

Post by John Bingham »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:54 am
And I'm totally against any of these platforms 'fact-checking' things or marking them as 'manipulated media,' not because I don't think truth/facts are of the utmost importance, but because it's really bad for society when you are told that you don't need to use your own brain and that you can trust something because it's already been determined accurate, so just believe it. I think it's better that everyone realizes that you will always come across things that are untrue and that it's up to you to decide if you believe it to be true or not, and not just trust some multi-billion dollar entity that's not interested in facts or being fair.
How about all the people who do actually believe everything they read online, especially if someone important says it? Do you think that's ok, even if they are not very smart and easily manipulated?

Silence, exile, and cunning.
side
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by side »

Clemen wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:49 am I think you will find that part of the reason the story was censored was its dubious veracity. For example, the title of the piece was “Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad” but that is not substantiated by anything written in the article. Then there is the source, who repeatedly changed his story, the fact that Giuliani was directly involved, and finally it’s published in a crappy tabloid.
Finally 3 pages into this drivel someone raises a central issue relating to the "Biden laptop", Rudi's dubious claims-without-proof, oh, and then there's the computer repair shop chap whose eyesight was giving him grief at the time so he honestly can't identify the bloke who handed over a laptop. Wait, what?

Direct your skepticism towards that trail of toxic, source-free Rudy-drool before giving it the old leftie-bastard circle jerk.

I mean, emails like this, if they were real, should have actually come to light a lot sooner during a prior investigation into the matter. Or even on past experience, it doesn't seem difficult to hack or otherwise access this stuff.... but we need a dodgy computer repairman?
Me, not that other crap.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

side wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:10 pm
Clemen wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:49 am I think you will find that part of the reason the story was censored was its dubious veracity. For example, the title of the piece was “Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad” but that is not substantiated by anything written in the article. Then there is the source, who repeatedly changed his story, the fact that Giuliani was directly involved, and finally it’s published in a crappy tabloid.
Finally 3 pages into this drivel someone raises a central issue relating to the "Biden laptop", Rudi's dubious claims-without-proof, oh, and then there's the computer repair shop chap whose eyesight was giving him grief at the time so he honestly can't identify the bloke who handed over a laptop. Wait, what?

Direct your skepticism towards that trail of toxic, source-free Rudy-drool before giving it the old leftie-bastard circle jerk.

I mean, emails like this, if they were real, should have actually come to light a lot sooner during a prior investigation into the matter. Or even on past experience, it doesn't seem difficult to hack or otherwise access this stuff.... but we need a dodgy computer repairman?
Yeah, my bad. For some reason I thought that an article published on toilet paper, tainted by a proven liar, and promoted by someone who can’t even say what the source is, would be generally dismissed by anyone doing even a modicum of due diligence.
up to you...
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

Clemen wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:31 pm

Yeah, my bad. For some reason I thought that an article published on toilet paper, tainted by a proven liar, and promoted by someone who can’t even say what the source is, would be generally dismissed by anyone doing even a modicum of due diligence.
I think we have already decided that the Twitter engineers are to blame for this completely, definitely, 100% true story being covered-up by the renowned left-wing liberal media. Apparently even Rudy Giuliani's own daughter thinks he's a lying cunt nowadays.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Big Daikon wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:31 pm A decent interview with Kyle's lawyer. Argues that Kenosha (sic) was part of a group that was requested to come and defend the community in Kenosha.
So this group encouraged a minor to travel to another state and wave a rifle around and then shoot people? They should be held accountable.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:22 pm
Big Daikon wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:31 pm A decent interview with Kyle's lawyer. Argues that Kyle (edit) was part of a group that was requested to come and defend the community in Kenosha.
So this group encouraged a minor to travel to another state and wave a rifle around and then shoot people? They should be held accountable.
Things to consider:
1. "Protestors" were burning and looting local businesses. Fires all over the place.
2. Small business owners were not happy about this.
3. Local police did virtually nothing to stop the looting and arson.
4. The group probably thought carrying guns would discourage further rioting.
5. The rioters confronted and attacked the men with guns.
6. Kyle was retreating (sprinting away) for most of the confrontations.
7. Kyle was physically attacked and then used his weapon in a very controlled and effective manner.
8. The rioting in Kenosha stopped the next night.
9. Good chance if Kyle and the others were not there, the rioting would have continued.
10. There may be information we-the general public-may not have access to at this point in time.

My take: Vigilante violence may not be the optimal outcome, but many Americans are not happy about the rioting/looting/burning.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

“With so many outstanding questions about the context, origins, and newsworthiness of anything contained in the Post’s reports, more reputable outlets in mainstream media have thus far mostly kept a safe distance from the unsupported allegations. What mainstream media coverage exists has largely focused on the ethics of publishing stories based on this extremely questionable and unconfirmed information. One Post reporter told New York Magazine that “it was very flimsy” and another said, “It’s not something that meets my journalistic standards” and it “should not have been published.” Mediaite reported that Fox News’ “news division” passed on Giuliani’s stories for their lack of credibility.”
So, reporters with all the decency of a dog on a croquet lawn felt it didn’t meet their standards.
https://www.mediamatters.org/new-york-p ... tlets-wont

The story was ultimately credited to deputy politics editor Emma-Jo Morris, a relative newcomer( that’s putting it mildly, it was her first byline for the Post) who worked at Fox News for four years before joining the paper this spring, and Gabrielle Fonrouge, a reporter at the tabloid since 2014, who apparently had little involvement in the reporting or writing of the piece and only learned that her name was added to it after it had been published
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10 ... iden-story
up to you...
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

angsta wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:04 pm
Clemen wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:31 pm

I think we have already decided that the Twitter engineers are to blame for this completely, definitely, 100% true story being covered-up by the renowned left-wing liberal media. Apparently even Rudy Giuliani's own daughter thinks he's a lying cunt nowadays.

As if by magic? What a guy. 100% reliable.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
yourpettiness
Tourist
Djibouti

Post by yourpettiness »

How about you just shut the fuck up?

[Admin Edit: yourpettiness has left the building.]
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

yourpettiness wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:16 pm How about you just shut the fuck up?
You seem perturbed. Are facts inconvenient for you?

Edited to add “No, You”
Last edited by Clemen on Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
up to you...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic