$10M Drug Bust in Cambodia as Police Round Up Taiwanese Drug Gang

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: $10M Drug Bust in Cambodia as Police Round Up Taiwanese Drug Gang

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

More details:
October 15, 2020
Raids net $10 million in drugs
Police in the Anti-Drug Department of the Ministry of Interior yesterday sent four Taiwanese nationals and more than 2,000 kilogrammes of drugs estimated to cost about $10 million which were seized from them to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court.

The drugs were seized during a massive crackdown on a foreign drug syndicate which saw raids on several locations in the capital and Preah Sihanouk province on October 7.

The drugs included methamphetamine, ecstasy and heroin, and were smuggled in from the Cambodia-Laos border, in Stung Treng province to be stocked for sale to local users in the Kingdom as well as to be sent to Taiwan.

Lieutenant Colonel Nguon Sokchea, the deputy chief of the 10th Anti-Drug Intervention Office in the Ministry of Interior, yesterday identified the four Taiwanese men as Chen Chih Chieh, Zhan Qi Zhi, Yu Yao Tsung, and Chen Pao Jiun.

He said that according to the police investigation, the four were foreign drug ringleaders hiding in Cambodia.

They rented four houses in Phnom Penh and three in Sihanoukville to store the drugs.

He said they were arrested on October 7 in Preah Sihanouk province.

“They were arrested after police in the Anti-Drug Department in the Ministry of Interior in cooperation with police in Preah Sihanouk provincial anti-drug department, led by the provincial court prosecutor, raided their rental houses in Sihanoukville,” Lieutenant Colonel Sokchea told Khmer Times.

“During the raid, another Taiwanese man named Wu Chi Hsun jumped from the third floor of the rental house, broke his neck and died on the spot,” he said.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50773317/r ... -in-drugs/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

BiggieBig wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:20 am I actually thought khmer people were in charge of the heroin flow....
Hey Huge - i don't think the Khmer, or any other Cambodians are in charge of any major aspect of the dope trade.
They just allow the real Dons to use this country as a transit. Corrupt dupes facilitating.

Some local manufacture, and markets - but once again the big guys are probably not under Cambodian control.
I doubt if even the chief of ****** is in real control of any major aspect of the trade.

that's my impression anyway
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Some really bad drugz there, especially the ethanol.
popping in
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by popping in »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:28 am
BiggieBig wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:20 am I actually thought khmer people were in charge of the heroin flow....
Hey Huge - i don't think the Khmer, or any other Cambodians are in charge of any major aspect of the dope trade.
They just allow the real Dons to use this country as a transit. Corrupt dupes facilitating.

Some local manufacture, and markets - but once again the big guys are probably not under Cambodian control.
I doubt if even the chief of ****** is in real control of any major aspect of the trade.

Interesting info.

Shows how naive I am, but it surprises me that there's even that much of a market for drugs in Cambodia. Am aware of a few poor afflicted hooked on that crytal meth stuff, but never really thought about Cambodia as having a big drugs scene. Clearly I'm pretty clueless !
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

All the night clubs play teckno music , you have to be on drugs to listen to that all night
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:28 am

Is it like we may have seen in the movies of yesteryear, the big men, the leaders of control never see, nor have direct intervention, its just a matter of calculations and costs directed in other business movements, that of no lead to the top origin, moveable goods need that of safe passing, loyalty, trust and most importantly monies in the right hands, sees, or rather not seen, large packages moving over borders. Huge payment for the players of investment without so called involvements, are the main and only source of this scale of activity, and the player had lost there initial investment on this one, but may have gained on the other successful three.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Interesting. They are using the double uo globe stamp on the heroin packages. If it's the real deal that stuff is off the chain
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic