Any news on Mish

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Any news on Mish

Post by DaveG »

Anyone heard anything on our guy.
In/ out or just disappeared
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Any news on Mish

Post by Soriya »

DaveG wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:13 am Anyone heard anything on our guy.
In/ out or just disappeared
His out of prison.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

He's the poster child of this forum so don't criticise, a con man with connections. " He way okay ", " Always liked his posts ", " Seemed genuine ". Couldn't pay a $10 bar bill so went home and got a gun because the peasants didn't realise how important he was.

It was the ultimate K440 apologists thread here on our very own higher standard CEO. A sad day for integrity for this forum.

Hopefully he'll be deported.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

You can say what you like here on CEO Cowsh ^^^ as you just did.

Same as those of us who ever formed a bit of a virtual friendship, or kinship as an expat, across the ideological divide.
Or the class divide, or political divide, or whatever we do on a Saturday night divide.
We got the right to show a bit of loyalty in tough times too.

I earned my right to stick up for Mish by fiercely brawling with him on these pages about every single thing in the world.
We are two people who would normally detest each other. Part of us still does.
At least i did not cut him loose like others who just nodded their heads, or gave him a rep point, when he was ranting his right wing best.

It must be the 50% Irish in me blood. we do loyalty shit like that.
Loyalty to members of the tribe is the bottom line when they are facing flack from outsiders.
and for some of us, virtual or not, this a real community.

I certainly have a sense myself of who, no matter what i think of their politics or table manners, i would trust if the shit ever really did come down on all of us.
mehfisto
BANNED
Australia

Post by mehfisto »

Loyalty is a wondrous thing.

Met him once or twice, nice enough guy.

Many who went off at him have also done stupid stuff, just haven't been caught.
wendyaspinall
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by wendyaspinall »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:41 am You can say what you like here on CEO Cowsh ^^^ as you just did.

Same as those of us who ever formed a bit of a virtual friendship, or kinship as an expat, across the ideological divide.
Or the class divide, or political divide, or whatever we do on a Saturday night divide.
We got the right to show a bit of loyalty in tough times too.

I earned my right to stick up for Mish by fiercely brawling with him on these pages about every single thing in the world.
We are two people who would normally detest each other. Part of us still does.
At least i did not cut him loose like others who just nodded their heads, or gave him a rep point, when he was ranting his right wing best.

It must be the 50% Irish in me blood. we do loyalty shit like that.
Loyalty to members of the tribe is the bottom line when they are facing flack from outsiders.
and for some of us, virtual or not, this a real community.

I certainly have a sense myself of who, no matter what i think of their politics or table manners, i would trust if the shit ever really did come down on all of us.
Well said. Even though we came to Cambodia to be together but ended up being separated, I don't blame him and I know it was not his fault.
I too believe in loyalty(to my marriage to him) despite us being separated and having some upsets and differences in the past.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I chatted with him briefly after he got out, and he sounded fine. I can only imagine he didn't like all the attention he received online, so probably taking a huuuge break from the internet, which is understandable.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:33 am I chatted with him briefly after he got out, and he sounded fine. I can only imagine he didn't like all the attention he received online, so probably taking a huuuge break from the internet, which is understandable.
Can't blame him really, not his finest hour. His various detractors on here certainly filled their boots at that time. It wasn't their finest hour either.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Glad he's out.

I can only imagine what an abject horror show the Cambodian justice system is.

We're all a patchwork of good and not so good qualities. And I'm sure most of us would admit to being works-in-progress ourselves.

What I liked about Mish's CEO presence was his positivity towards Cambodia and Cambodians.

At times I find myself sliding into resentful cynicism about my adopted home and its citizens. Reading his positivity would help me check myself and I was grateful for that.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Has he been released on bail pending trial, or released otherwise? Would be interesting to know how this case has been adjudicated, if at all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic