Fellow vagabonds - Options for this winter

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
popping in
Expatriate
Great Britain

Fellow vagabonds - Options for this winter

Post by popping in »

Hey fellow vagabonds.

What you all doing when it gets cold this year ?

Personally I reckon I'm going to stay in Greece until probably end of November.

So what do with Dec-Mar ?

Obviously things are changing all the time. In terms of SEA, I think the most likely to open to tourists is Indonesia, but that isn't happening until at least January.

As things stand, I'm looking at the following options:

-NEPAL (looks like it's opening next week with a PCR test. Could be a decent option - they have pretty ladies too)
-BRAZIL (seems to be open already with a PCR test. Could be a good option)
-SRI LANKA (talking about reopening soon, with similar requirements to Cambo but without the visa issue. Could do the job for 3-4 months)
-ZANZIBAR/Tanzanier (seems to be open already with a PCR test, but how long can you stay in Kendwa without going nuts ?)
-EGYPT (seems to be open already with a PCR test, but how long can you stay in Sharm without going nuts ?)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Fellow vagabonds - Options for this winter

Post by Username Taken »

Vagabonds?

Expats are not vagabonds.

What is this 'cold' that you speak of?
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

If I were stuck in the West, I would probably head to Mexico. I don't think anything in Southeast Asia will open up soon enough.
popping in
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by popping in »

Alex wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:31 pm If I were stuck in the West, I would probably head to Mexico. I don't think anything in Southeast Asia will open up soon enough.
Mexico's not a bad shout actually. I forgot to put it in the list.

I'm not too taken by most of Mexico but have always wanted to go to Baja California. Might check that out as a possible.

@Username Taken I wasn't calling all members vagabonds ! I think I'm one though plus maybe some others on here.
Skankykins
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Skankykins »

popping in wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:54 pm Hey fellow vagabonds.

Obviously things are changing all the time. In terms of SEA, I think the most likely to open to tourists is Indonesia, but that isn't happening until at least January.

-NEPAL (looks like it's opening next week with a PCR test. Could be a decent option - they have pretty ladies too)
-SRI LANKA (talking about reopening soon, with similar requirements to Cambo but without the visa issue. Could do the job for 3-4 months)
-ZANZIBAR/Tanzanier (seems to be open already with a PCR test, but how long can you stay in Kendwa without going nuts ?)
-EGYPT (seems to be open already with a PCR test, but how long can you stay in Sharm without going nuts ?)
Turkey or Ethiopia perhaps. Seven-day self-quarantine currently required in Ethiopia though.

Nice women in Nepal? Really? Always imagined them to be a bit buxom from all the backpacks they're hauling to the summit.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

I like it fine right here, Nepali girls are rather conservative.
popping in
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by popping in »

Skankykins wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:33 pm
popping in wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:54 pm Hey fellow vagabonds.

Turkey or Ethiopia perhaps. Seven-day self-quarantine currently required in Ethiopia though.

Nice women in Nepal? Really? Always imagined them to be a bit buxom from all the backpacks they're hauling to the summit.
Ethiopia's too much hassle for me personally these days. Good shout though if it's accessible.

I've been all round Turkey and it's a great country to travel in. Like a lot of people though I'm looking for somewhere warm, which Turkey isn't at that time of year. It's also masks outdoors plus loads of other restrictions.

Nepal has a lot gorgeous women yeah for real. :thumb:

The girly bars close at about 10pm though haha.
Last edited by popping in on Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
popping in
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by popping in »

nemo wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:07 pm I like it fine right here, Nepali girls are rather conservative.
I'd say no different to Khmer girls ?

Yes, if I had the choice I would be in Cambodia (or SE Asia anyway) too. You are lucky to be there. Enjoy :thumb:
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I’m working, unless I can get some extended leave and winter in SEA. A busy winter ahead, hopefully.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Australian PM said today that a travel bubble is being planned, for quite soon.
Some Western Pacific islands plus Japan, Korea, Singapore.
NZ soon too, but a few little snags.
He also said that general o/seas travel was probably off the table until end 2021. Min.

So i have started a little wildlife project with a couple of mad professors and plan to spend serious time on my kayak over the next 18 months on Sydney harbour- hunting and studying an amazing, little understood, amphibious mammal.
- and like my wild beast, avoiding the human species as much as is possible in the middle of a great big city.

(Hydromys chrysogaster, translation > Golden bellied water mouse
Rakali, australia's "otter", same niche, looks remarkably similar
- a giant native water rat, webbed feet, fur like a mink, and with a beautiful powerful furry white tipped tail.
Two feet long - half tail, half top predator.)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic