Fellow vagabonds - Options for this winter

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Fellow vagabonds - Options for this winter

Post by Yerg »

Like Freightdog, I’m working. Whilst holidays are available, I’ve simply given up on the thought of any foreign travel until July next year. I’ll reassess then. Until then, I’ll have to live my life vicariously through the “vagabonds” living it up in KOW.
popping in
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by popping in »

This looks like a great source of information. Not sure when they introduced this, but I've not spotted any inaccuracies that I'm aware of:

https://www.skyscanner.net/travel-restrictions

Can add Tonga to the list !!!
Last edited by popping in on Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

Gonna be bouncing back and forth between HK and PP (not too often i hope, as that quarantine sucks) to keep the business going and then go skiing in Europe, either over Christmas or Chinese New Year.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Just bought enough wood for heating the house trough wintertime. Dreaming about cheap airfares and nice promotions starting february please..
work is for people who cant find truffles
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

feel sorry for ya all stuck somewhere,
i have not felt stuck at all here, (Yea, missed a nov trip to Burma but that was all i had planned), an will be enjoying the island, tourist free this winter :-)

I do look forward to getting back into Burma/Cambodia by Feb as expect boarders to open by Xmas
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Cuba.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Nice women in Nepal? Really? Always imagined them to be a bit buxom from all the backpacks they're hauling to the summit.
[/quote]

Check out @Kung-fu Hillbilly photo's, I was unaware of this until he brought it to my attention.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

bittermelon wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:42 am Nice women in Nepal? Really? Always imagined them to be a bit buxom from all the backpacks they're hauling to the summit.
Check out @Kung-fu Hillbilly photo's, I was unaware of this until he brought it to my attention.
There some, but nothing like Thailand, Laos, Burma or Cambodia
lovely country, lovely people
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

popping in wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:54 pm
-NEPAL (looks like it's opening next week with a PCR test. Could be a decent option - they have pretty ladies too)
-BRAZIL (seems to be open already with a PCR test. Could be a good option)
-SRI LANKA (talking about reopening soon, with similar requirements to Cambo but without the visa issue. Could do the job for 3-4 months)
-ZANZIBAR/Tanzanier (seems to be open already with a PCR test, but how long can you stay in Kendwa without going nuts ?)
-EGYPT (seems to be open already with a PCR test, but how long can you stay in Sharm without going nuts ?)
I've been to Egypt a few times already, but always Cairo. I feel I must be doing it wrong. I assume you mean Sharm El Sheikh. I keep saying I'll check that place out 'next time' but end up going somewhere else, or just fucking around in Cairo, which was really only fun the first time, and now Egypt is never on my list.

If Brazil is on your short list, can't go wrong there!

Have you been to Sri Lanka before? I went there for diving, and it was a nice trip, but for some reason didn't rank very high and places I'd try to get back to as soon as I can. Someone mentioned Ethiopia, and that would be a cool place to be for Christmas. Sounds like you've already been there, so you know. But if you're already in Greece, I'd probably just stay there, as you can't beat that (never been, but want to get over there).
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

If Brazil is on your short list, can't go wrong there!
why would anyone chose to visit Brazil where its the second highest country for infections( over 2 million) and deaths (78,000) from covid?

Sri lanka is wonderful.

2020 was "visit Nepal year" that got fucked
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic