When is it too late to look for love? (60 yrs)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Apsara_Angel
Tourist
Canada

When is it too late to look for love? (60 yrs)

Post by Apsara_Angel »

When are you too old to try to put effort into finding Love? I have an amazing mom who sacrificed everything for her kids. After divorce her next bf cheated on her.
I felt she gave up completely on herself, but she has so much potential.

The thing is, it seems really hard to find North American born Khmer men born between 1970 - 1960.

Most men are either married or born and raised in cambodia and gone through some trauma which makes them a bit violent and messed up (very understandable of course).

Love at an old age is hard, do any of you have single parents? How are they coping?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: When is it too late to look for love? (60 yrs)

Post by atst »

My mum's in a over 55 retirement village and people in thier 70s 80s are still hooking up together, good on them
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

The only real question is why all this BS about love ?
don't people think ridiculous ?
since I am 15 I know that love is BS for idiots, but some people still don't know at 60 ?!
so weird !
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Its a heck of a lot easier for a man over 60 to find love (or something like it) than a woman over 60. There are obvious reasons for this which have been thrashed out in this forum before but since I am locked in and bored I will give my opinion anyway. Men are shallow creatures and will initially judge a woman on her physical attractiveness alone. Women are a little more complex and will look for financial stability, companionship, intelligence, sense of humour, with physical attributes towards the end. The downside for men is that after a while the pretty face becomes commonplace, and he will try to find the other qualities in order for the relationship to be bearable, and then he realises he should have checked it out in the first place. This theory exactly explains why relatively young SE Asian girls will hook up with a 60+ Western guy and hope for long term, whereas the Western guy will get bored after a few months, finding nothing in common, and move on.
In the last words of the great Australian adventurer and outback philosopher, Ned Kelly,"Such is life". Said right before they hung him.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Woody
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Woody »

jubo2 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:18 pm The only real question is why all this BS about love ?
since I am 15 I know that love is BS for idiots, but some people still don't know at 60 ?!
so weird !
If you have never fallen in love I feel so sorry for you as you have missed out on one of the greatest of life's experiences.
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

don't make me laugh !
I fall in love once a day for 1 hour just before I creampie them !
how people like to look so ridiculous is beyond understanding ! feel so pity on them, especially when they are closer to the tomb than to teenager life !
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

jubo2 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:18 pm The only real question is why all this BS about love ?
so weird !
Ah, to be 15 and be so wise. Take a moment to reflect on the thought that possibly those who have survived the world for 60 years may have also learned a thing or two about humanity, its emotions and fears, and the 'pursuit of happiness'. As Wilde said, youth is wasted on the young.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Sir Stephen
Expatriate
France

Post by Sir Stephen »

popping in
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by popping in »

60. oh no. I hope not that long. :(

God I wish I was in nom pen.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

It's never too late to look for love. Maintain hope, stay sociable, and that special person may cross paths in the next 15 minutes or the next 2 years.

What's essential though is staying social, getting out in the community, and engaging in activities so connections can be made and experiences shared. Of course, that's tough during a pandemic, but where there's a will, there's a way.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic