What's wrong with this picture?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: What's wrong with this picture?

Post by newkidontheblock »

Well it isn’t the direction of the seats. On the right are regular movie seats, on the left are VIP movie seats. Both rows are facing each other.

Are movie theaters not open yet in Cambodia?
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Obviously it should be "Centre" not "Center".

#Tomato #Tomato
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Ok I get that it's difficult to see in the photo. Bit easier to see in real life and once you see it you wonder how you never noticed it before.

It's all in the way the dress doesn't go around the back of her underarm.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Er...
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's just some sort of flourish the dress designer put in.
Last edited by John Bingham on Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
popping in
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by popping in »

xandreu wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:54 pm Ok I get that it's difficult to see in the photo. Bit easier to see in real life and once you see it you wonder how you never noticed it before.

It's all in the way the dress doesn't go around the back of her underarm.

hahahahahahaha. ffs.
:BangHead:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Her fingers look like they've been trapped in a mangle

SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Geez, how old are you Xanadu? Nothing "wrong" with that.
That style is older than my mum.
The first "strapless" dresses i think they were.
for cocktail wear, back in the days when our dads drank Martini's.

Thank God that by my day they had just about gone.
I do remember at the end of school "formal" tho', i still had to try and wrangle my grubby little teenage hands through those stiff, starched up, reinforced shields to cop a handful of the delights beneath.

I think the idea of that swirl thing is so you can get a peek of the nipple - but you know that it has high tensile reo rods holding the structure up and protecting the assets inside.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:51 pm Geez, how old are you Xanadu? Nothing "wrong" with that.
That style is older than my mum.
The first "strapless" dresses i think they were.
for cocktail wear, back in the days when our dads drank Martini's.

Thank God that by my day they had just about gone.
I do remember at the end of school "formal" tho', i still had to try and wrangle my grubby little teenage hands through those stiff, starched up, reinforced shields to cop a handful of the delights beneath.

I think the idea of that swirl thing is so you can get a peek of the nipple - but you know that it has high tensile reo rods holding the structure up and protecting the assets inside.
I've heard of the strapless dresses but had no idea that's what they looked like.

Surely the weight of the cloth wrapped around like that would make the whole breast covering part of the dress flop forward?

It does look more like a bad Photoshop to me.

*edit - I just read your post again and you say it has rods holding it up, which I get. Still looks weird tho.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:27 pm Well it isn’t the direction of the seats. On the right are regular movie seats, on the left are VIP movie seats. Both rows are facing each other.

Are movie theaters not open yet in Cambodia?
Yes they are but under pretty tight restrictions - masks, hand washing, seating restrictions etc...

Whether there's anything decent to watch after 8 months of world lock-downs is another matter...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic