Yes or no, can I (and others in my situation) get into Cambodia this year ?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Yes or no, can I (and others in my situation) get into Cambodia this year ?

Post by phuketrichard »

Alex wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:09 am
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:42 am My money goes on cross border traffic by xmas
With that, do you mean land borders in Southeast Asia specifically? I'd guess that's possible, but I doubt they'll open them for tourists so soon (let's say you or me visiting Cambodia for a holiday from Thailand).
yes.
i figure by xmas Thailand, laos, Malaysia, Cambodia will start to open.

Of course that is very wishful thinking and have no links to back it up :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Woody wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:30 pm The embassy here in Australia told me because I had been on an ER visa for three years (now expired) I could not apply for an EB even though I had the letter and the other requirements.
You cannot apply for an EB from an Embassy, the EB is the Business Extension of Stay category of the E-type (Ordinary) Visa. Extensions of Stay can only be applied for once you have entered Cambodia.

If they are referring to you attempting to apply for an EB EOS once in Cambodia, they are correct. Once you have been issued an ER (Retirement) EOS, the DoI will not issue you any other E-type Visa EOS, as you have been issued an ER on the basis that you are legitimately retired therefore are not eligible for any other category of Extension.

The only way to get an EB EOS if you have had previously been issued ER EOS's in your passport, is to get a new passport, enter Cambodia on a fresh E-type Visa and then apply for an EB EOS.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

if i can obtain a letter of invitation
and manage to get a visa from my embassy
once in country i should be able to extend visa to an EG visa/extension good for 6 months?
@PSD-Kiwi
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
mehfisto
BANNED
Australia

Post by mehfisto »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:24 pm
popping in wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:16 pm No, I'm under 55. Forgot to mention that.
I think most of the posters on here are under 55. I'm not sure how relevant that is anyway, what you do and how good you are at it are more important.
It's relevant in China because you can't work over 55. He may be assuming that the same thing applies here.

Or maybe wife-hunting, not sure if that old law still applies,
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:10 am if i can obtain a letter of invitation
once in country i should be able to extend visa to an EG visa/extension good for 6 months?
@PSD-Kiwi
Yep
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:54 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:10 am if i can obtain a letter of invitation
Yep
thanks, :beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
OrientInvestor
Tourist
Poland

Post by OrientInvestor »

If I own an apartment in PP, will they give me a visa? Would like to come to Cambodia by the end of the year.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

OrientInvestor wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:38 pm If I own an apartment in PP, will they give me a visa? Would like to come to Cambodia by the end of the year.
Unlikely that owning an apartment will be enough to qualify you for an E-type Visa from most Embassies.

However, the criteria being applied for E-type Visas varies from Embassy to Embassy, so contact your nearest Cambodian Embassy to confirm what their criteria is. Most require applicants to have employment or business interests and a letter of invitation, but some are issuing them with no supporting documentation whatsoever.

Which country are you in?
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:36 pm i figure by xmas Thailand, laos, Malaysia, Cambodia will start to open.

Of course that is very wishful thinking and have no links to back it up :beer3:
Case numbers are rising in almost every country, some quite sharply. I’m thinking maybe around Easter they’ll start letting in people who have a vaccination certificate.
OrientInvestor
Tourist
Poland

Post by OrientInvestor »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:38 pm
OrientInvestor wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:38 pm If I own an apartment in PP, will they give me a visa? Would like to come to Cambodia by the end of the year.
Unlikely that owning an apartment will be enough to qualify you for an E-type Visa from most Embassies.

However, the criteria being applied for E-type Visas varies from Embassy to Embassy, so contact your nearest Cambodian Embassy to confirm what their criteria is. Most require applicants to have employment or business interests and a letter of invitation, but some are issuing them with no supporting documentation whatsoever.

Which country are you in?
Turkey.

Consulate replied this:

Currently, the tourist is closed and only the business visa is available at our embassy. If you are currently residing in Poland, you can also apply to our embassy in Germany. You may find the visa application form and the up-to-date requirements
for the Covid-19 measurement in the attachments below.

To apply for the business visa, you need to provide:
- a fully filled and signed visa form,
- 1 biometric 4x6cm photo attached with the visa application,
- Your original passport and one copy of it,
- Visa fee of 350 Turkish Lira for the business visa type,
- A proof of sponsorship or an invitation letter approved by the government, which the inviting company in Cambodıa can get through this link:
https://vapg.registrationservices.gov.kh
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic