Banning motorcycles to save bikers UK goes dilly

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Banning motorcycles to save bikers UK goes dilly

Post by John Bingham »

Fair enough, just asking.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:29 pm Complete and utter BS, the UK banning motor bikes :plus1:
Could not agree with you more, I think what we have is someone in the political side spouting off because he dislikes bikes, discrimination would come strongly into play if this was put forward .
whatwat wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:37 am It’s fashionable to have a motorcycle especially for middle aged men who are entering mid life crisis.
Sorry but the answer here lies the cost of insurance, most younger age cannot afford. Also to pass a car test in today's world in the UK would cost the person on average £3000.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

This reminds me of the so called plan to send asylum seekers to an island in the south pacific or old oil rigs and cruise liners . There was probably a brain storm meeting, somebody suggested those things and were immediately told "don't be stupid" but it gets out in the media and people start screaming and shouting :facepalm:
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:18 pm
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:29 pm Complete and utter BS, the UK banning motor bikes :plus1:
Could not agree with you more, I think what we have is someone in the political side spouting off because he dislikes bikes, discrimination would come strongly into play if this was put forward .
whatwat wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:37 am It’s fashionable to have a motorcycle especially for middle aged men who are entering mid life crisis.
Sorry but the answer here lies the cost of insurance, most younger age cannot afford. Also to pass a car test in today's world in the UK would cost the person on average £3000.
Risk of theft is a huge problem now especially in cities.
My point is that those 40 somethings were never interested in motorcycles when young now it’s a fashion statement. Young riders can still get affordable insurance but for smaller capacity bikes, which is exactly what I was saying - start small work your way up and your skull set increases plus your premiums reduce.
Insurance for 40 somethings for sportsbikes is ridiculous but they’ve disposable income.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic