Cintri on strike?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Cintri on strike?

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I've noticed that since Sunday, there are huge piles of garbage throughout the city. 63, riverside, Boeng Trabek...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cintri on strike?

Post by Brody »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:12 pm I've noticed that since Sunday, there are huge piles of garbage throughout the city. 63, riverside, Boeng Trabek...
Cintri rubbish collectors told to get back to work
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... -back-work
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Things are getting a little ripe down here.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Good on them thier on shit money and if the companies go bust they get screwed
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

canucklhead wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:53 pm Things are getting a little ripe down here.
That's what she said.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Its a disgusting job and one you would not wish on your arch enemy.... but .... I bet if they all got a decent pay rise they would go back to work. And while they are saying it is an illegal strike there's probably not much they could do if they all quit en masse. I seriously doubt there is a queue of people wanting to do the work. Actually, given the number of laid off factory workers there may be.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: About 400 Cintri workers out of a total of 2,000 workers went on strike, refusing to work as they demanded five better working conditions from the company, on the morning of October 3, 2020 in front of Cintri Company, located in Mol Village, Khan Dangkor, Phnom Penh. The protest was led by Kao Savath, president of the Cintri Workers' Union. The strike was still unresolved on the evening of 5 October.

So, as of 6 October, hundreds of security forces and independent garbage collection agents have been contracted by City Hall to launch garbage collection operations in Phnom Penh. According to a municipal official, the temporary garbage collection team has been divided into three shifts.

The same official confirmed that in the past few days, the Phnom Penh Capital Administration has released 49 green garbage trucks to help to improve the problem of garbage congestion because the piles of garbage have increased on the road, and with the rain it clearly smells bad, affecting the environment very seriously.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: In a meeting this afternoon, HE Khuong Sreng, Governor of Phnom Penh, ordered the 14 city district governors to make every effort to transport as much garbage as possible from the city to the landfill to all districts using all kinds of mechanisms, starting immediately from tonight.

Please note that CINTRI employees have agreed to return to work after they received the appropriate solution from Phnom Penh Capital Hall and will start to collect garbage on the afternoon of October 7, 2020. CINTRI workers' return to work concludes the talks between HE Khuong Sreng, Governor of Phnom Penh, the owner of CINTRI (CINTRI Co), and the CINTRI workers at Phnom Penh Capital Hall. A pay rise for workers and various other conditions have been agreed on between the parties.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Joakim
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Joakim »

Does anyone have a clue about how much money they earn.
I think the salary that make me sit on top of the garbage, inside the truck, looking for plastic/cans doesn't exist.
I also noticed that the guys normally don't even have gloves, just collect/search garbage with bare hands.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Joakim wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:22 pm Does anyone have a clue about how much money they earn.
I think the salary that make me sit on top of the garbage, inside the truck, looking for plastic/cans doesn't exist.
I also noticed that the guys normally don't even have gloves, just collect/search garbage with bare hands.
. . . and flip-flops on their feet.

:facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic