Can most/all Cambodians read a clock a.k.a tell time?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
RandyN
BANNED

Re: Can most/all Cambodians read a clock a.k.a tell time?

Post by RandyN »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:00 am
khmerhamster wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:53 am Wow, that's some censorship.

Quick shoot down the dissenters. Delete the comments challenging it.
I've deleted one troll post and associated karma comment. If members want to challenge a mod call, they can take it up directly with the respective mod or the General.
May I ask, if you don’t want members commenting on mod decisions, why did you write a public 5-6 paragraph dissertation in this thread explaining why you were banning him?

And members can upvote that with karma and express support for the ban decision and pat the mod on the back for it.

But if a member expresses disagreement, and points out that moderators make comments similar to what got explorer banned, it is censored and other members’ karma points agreeing with that are deleted?? The rules seem unclear here.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

ffs RandCorp ^^^ the rules here are exactly the same as everywhere else
Those in power make the rules
and interpret the rules so they mean a totally different thing for themselves.
They block out those who they do not like, and the dissent spoken on their behalf.
As always was and forever shall be.

That is why questioners like you are so important. Always, everywhere.

Congrats, you have now been officially inducted as a full member of the "Honourable Order of the Pesky Black Fly" .
the highest honour a truly democracy lovin' guy can receive today.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

ffs Stern, I don't believe you wrote that and kept a straight face. :facepalm:

To Randy, khmerhamster and others, the troll post was made by a known troll who had been on our radar since late last year. We had been waiting for him to slip up and out himself. Which is what he did in this instance. Anyone who saw the post would have scratched their head and thought, 'that is posted very much in the style of xxx xxxxx'. I definitely know of one poster who recognized it for what it was, so presumably there will also be others.

So, don't despair, the mods have better things to do than engage in vendetta's against genuine members who have a differing opinion.

As for explorer, he can be like a broken record sometimes. Beware the opinion of one!
RandyN
BANNED

Post by RandyN »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:29 am ffs Stern, I don't believe you wrote that and kept a straight face. :facepalm:

To Randy, khmerhamster and others, the troll post was made by a known troll who had been on our radar since late last year. We had been waiting for him to slip up and out himself. Which is what he did in this instance. Anyone who saw the post would have scratched their head and thought, 'that is posted very much in the style of xxx xxxxx'. I definitely know of one poster who recognized it for what it was, so presumably there will also be others.

So, don't despair, the mods have better things to do than engage in vendetta's against genuine members who have a differing opinion.

As for explorer, he can be like a broken record sometimes. Beware the opinion of one!
How is it a 'troll post' if someone points out that the moderator giving a lengthy lecture and public banning to Explorer for making disparaging comments about Cambodians has himself made numerous similar disparaging comments about Cambodians? That seemed like pretty fair commentary to me. Rules should be the same for everyone.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

It is a troll post because the post was made by a known sh*t stirrer, whose only intention was to stir sh*t, not to defend freedom of speech. None of the alleged disparaging comments were made by mod during his mod-ship.
Simply by the fact that you are wanting to debate this means that the troll has achieved his objective. He's reading this right now having a good laugh.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:29 am ffs Stern, I don't believe you wrote that and kept a straight face. :facepalm:
You're onto me, Ute
...still grinning.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Grins all round today
deep down (very deep down, for some of us) we all democracy lovin' pesky black little flies one way or another.

Geez, we even hit the world stage on the VP's head last nite.
PHofer
BANNED
Switzerland

Post by PHofer »

Who is trollen?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

RandyN wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:54 am
How is it a 'troll post' if...
Haha, come on. How is it a 'troll' post, you ask? You're still trolling, and you know it better than anyone. So, how is it trolling? For starters, it was a post by a serial troll (YOU) who routinely uses various socks, that we are always whacking with the ban hammer, including this sock, no surprise. You even used that same sock to make a 'I'm a blind man, with a dog, and I'm coming to Cambodia...' topic. And yes, your ability to quickly search for, gather, and beautifully list old posts from over the years in an attempt to prove your point is a dead giveaway. You also seem to love using the anonymous 'guest post' feature on ToF very often, and even got called out for it when you just used it yet again over there to whine about it after we deleted your trolling post here, so please, don't insult your own intelligence when you come back on here with more sock puppets saying, 'but, but, I don't get how I'm trolling...I only use a dozen sock puppets and love the guest post feature on the old forum...'

We get it. You would love to derail every topic under the sun, but we don't need that. As always, we know that not everyone will agree with every modding decision we make, and while we generally welcome and appreciate feedback, that doesn't mean we will let a serial troll with literally dozens of sock puppets over the years to pop up just to derail a topic, and then cry 'foul' when we swiftly delete them.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

PHofer wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:53 am Who is trollen?
You and your other 2 socks Randy. Bye!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:12 am
RandyN wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:44 am What about roman numerals, can they read those?
I'm hoping that the iPhone X taught them at least one of the Roman numerals, lol.
I thought it meant over 18 only. You live and learn...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic