Smoking

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
popping in
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Smoking

Post by popping in »

Today is fucking tough. My head's fucking screaming at me for a cigarette. My scalp feels numb, my chin feels numb. All kinds of emotional journies.

Will be glad when I'm off this fucking devil. Trying to use cold chocolate milkshakes as a replacement. They're not bad tbf.
popping in
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by popping in »

i'm currently snorting tiny little nicotene leaves off my ex girlfriend in cambodia. she's naked except for a white dress to make her look like a cigarette. and all these little nicotene leaves are stuck to her like bits of glitter by my tears and/or her perspiration. and i'm just hoovering them up off her body, squeezing/stroking her softly as i go. it's quite a high. "what you think ing ?" she says, and i drool, "nicotene" "good" as i lick another few leafs off.
popping in
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by popping in »

I am going to have a cigarette now. 42 hours.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Licking my ex ^^^ does that to me every time, PI.

Seriously, don't give yourself a hard time, try to keep the resolve.
Just look at your consumption numbers over the past few days
- pretty remarkable eh?

If you do slip straight back in, that's ok too. SO long as you have another attempt when next you are ready.
Or go another 42 hours now - you have proven it is possible for you.

Remember, it is just a simple matter of choice about whether you want to smoke or not - don't put any great weight of "success"/"failure" on it.
until you do do succeed - and then you must!
(this is one of the few occasions in life where it is ok to not have intellectual integrity. lol)

This is meant as encouragement PI, to you and to me, to keep trying.
Believe me my friend - even the strongest chains in the world can be broken, if we just keep filing away.
Nobody on the planet especially me would ever have thought with a rational mind that i would break my last (unnamed) habit - given that i had been desperately trying to stop for over 20 years. But it happened - 21 years later and all that seems like a whole foreign planet away. You can move on..

G'donnya bro' !!
popping in
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by popping in »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:29 pm Licking my ex ^^^ does that to me every time, PI.

Seriously, don't give yourself a hard time, try to keep the resolve.
Just look at your consumption numbers over the past few days
- pretty remarkable eh?

If you do slip straight back in, that's ok too. SO long as you have another attempt when next you are ready.
Or go another 42 hours now - you have proven it is possible for you.

Remember, it is just a simple matter of choice about whether you want to smoke or not - don't put any great weight of "success"/"failure" on it.
until you do do succeed - and then you must!
(this is one of the few occasions in life where it is ok to not have intellectual integrity. lol)

This is meant as encouragement PI, to you and to me, to keep trying.
Believe me my friend - even the strongest chains in the world can be broken, if we just keep filing away.
Nobody on the planet especially me would ever have thought with a rational mind that i would break my last (unnamed) habit - given that i had been desperately trying to stop for over 20 years. But it happened - 21 years later and all that seems like a whole foreign planet away. You can move on..

G'donnya bro' !!
Thanks mate. Appreciated. You're a good man I know that.

I MUST try to be the best that I can be, and I know that that doesn't include cigarettes. As I think you suggest, if I can't do it, I can't do it, but it is stupid not to try when you (presumably) only live once. I picked the fags up about an hour ago but ended up having one of those lozenge things instead, which seems to have done absolutely nothing lol. My head is demanding I smoke a whole pack in one go and it won't settle for anything less. Saying that it does seem easier (I'm still chewing the fucking lozenge now hahaha).

Very well done indeed for giving up your habit. I KNOW how difficult it is (whatever it was) and what an achievement it is to succeed.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Not an acheivement. even this wannabe scientist believes in angels.
You got one too.
:angel:
^^ but mine sure don't look like this

lol sometimes it wears hob nail stompin' boots
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Very true words SAA. Every time you try and last a bit longer you have won a round. eventually it will happen. I smoked for 45 + years and tried a few times but lack of will that I excused as saying the circumstances prevented me meant I continued. I came here to live a few years ago and because of the price and availability of everything I never thought about it again.
One morning I woke up and after coughing up another lung (surprising how you find one each morning) I said fuck it I have to stop. I just did the old one day at a time effort and after a few tense days I had one then another then stopped then a few weeks went by and I spent time in bars with smoke all around but didn't feel like one then after 6 months I was a complete quitter.
It only took me about ten years....................... :Yahoo!:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Hi all,
I'd like to join your smoking thread .I am a smoker and unfortunately it gives me great pleasure.
I am reducing my intake, because when I cough people think I have covid and avoid me. :mrgreen: (Only kidding, I need to get rid of this cough.)

But I'm on your team, popping in. :Bravo: Keep it up.
popping in
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by popping in »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:22 am Hi all,
I'd like to join your smoking thread .I am a smoker and unfortunately it gives me great pleasure.
I am reducing my intake, because when I cough people think I have covid and avoid me. :mrgreen: (Only kidding, I need to get rid of this cough.)

But I'm on your team, popping in. :Bravo: Keep it up.
AM, thanks for the comment. Glad to hear that you're cutting down. I can understand the enjoyment from it for sure. Have you ever really tried to give it up though ? If so you will know what a devil of a weed it really is. I woke about 3am last night acid refluxing what felt like a bottle of liquid cigarettes, and soaked in sweat. Honestly thought i had the virus i was soaking wet.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Just a note on patches which work really well for me as a big harm reduction measure.
Many people complain of two things - nightmares, and a bit red and itchy on the skin.
For most people both of these side effects passes very quickly, 4-5 days.

The nightmares are possibly connected to the partial withdrawal, common with many physically addictive drugs.
A few people have very sensitive skin which continues to irritate. Most, like me, just have very minor reddening sometimes, or nothing.
The new gen patches are like the newest gen Band Aids compared with the old cloth style Elastoplast.

My intake averages about 20% of prev. I still want to crack it total tho'.
Not recommending for anybody - we all have own track, and we gotta find the one that works for us
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic