German Man, JURGEN ROOS, Fatally Hit by Truck in Kep

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

German Man, JURGEN ROOS, Fatally Hit by Truck in Kep

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Kep): On October 3, 2020, at 7:26 pm, a large truck hit an Airblade motorbike that was driven by an unidentified Western man, [edit: who has now been identified as German national, Jurgen Roos], on street 33A, in Oudong village, Dom Nak district, Kep. The foreign man died immediately at the scene.

After the incident, the police took both vehicles to keep at the police station, waiting to sort out the problem later.
RIP.

For anyone who is wondering if it is someone you know, there is a photo of the deceased man on the darknet. Warning: graphic photo
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: German Man, JURGEN ROOS, Fatally Hit by Truck in Kep

UPDATE
Cambodia News, (Kep): A foreigner was hit by a heavy truck and died instantly on National Road 33 when he was driving a motorbike and turned left without looking. The incident happened at 7:10 pm on the 3 October 2020, at the eastern point of Pong Teuk commune administrative post, between km 24-25, in O Dong village, Pong Teuk commune, Damnak Chang Eur district, Kep province.
The victim has been identified as Jurgen Andreas ROOS, male, 55 years old, German, currently residing in Phnom Penh.

Colonel Tov Sovann, police inspector of Damnak Chang Eur district, said that the accident was caused by a red and black Airblade motorcycle with license plate number 1G-1527 in Preah Sihanouk province, driving from east to west which turned left carelessly. A heavy vehicle, driving in the opposite direction, hit the motorbike driver and he died instantly.
He added that after the accident, the truck fled the scene and was stopped by the Damnak Chang Eur District Police Inspectorate in cooperation with the Kampong Trach District Police Inspectorate. The driver has been taken into custody.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

OhFuck.
Any photos?
Anyone know him?
I hope it is not the "Yurgen the German" i know.
- regular long-stay visitor for many years. same age. blonde, trim, "nice guy", gets around Kh and SEA.

Jurgen is a pretty common name i guess...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:23 pm OhFuck.
Any photos?
Anyone know him?
I hope it is not the "Yurgen the German" i know.
- regular long-stay visitor for many years. same age. blonde, trim, "nice guy", gets around Kh and SEA.

Jurgen is a pretty common name i guess...
Here:
For anyone who is wondering if it is someone you know, there is a photo of the deceased man on the darknet. Warning: graphic photo

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic