Sponsered buisness linked visa

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
DavidBermejo
Tourist
United States of America

Sponsered buisness linked visa

Post by DavidBermejo »

Hi Me and my Fiance have are plannign to move to cambodia in November. Our flight is already booked but we need help getting our vissas. I read on cambodian embassy page that visas are only being given if you have letter of invintation by well established buinesses in cambodia. Can anyone tell me if this is the only way or how to get one.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: Sponsered buisness linked visa

Post by whatwat »

Yes it’s the only way so you’ll need a job offer in Cambodia.
Never, ever book flights until you’ve got a visa.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Why are you planning to live in Cambodia without having a clue as to how to obtain a visa?
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

DavidBermejo wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:39 am Hi Me and my Fiance have are plannign to move to cambodia in November. Our flight is already booked but we need help getting our vissas. I read on cambodian embassy page that visas are only being given if you have letter of invintation by well established buinesses in cambodia. Can anyone tell me if this is the only way or how to get one.
Check out the Facebook group, Cambodia Visa and Work Permits. Mostly posts from people who have recently obtained visas and all the trauma they have been through just getting into the country. The visa is probably the easy part.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Oumedc
Expatriate

Post by Oumedc »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:28 am Why are you planning to live in Cambodia without having a clue as to how to obtain a visa?
Doc is being very nice with his words to be honest...
What is in the Plan book?
How much $$$ do you have to live?
Do you have medical insurance ?
Cambodia not the same place it was. The foreigners for the most part are expats, Have budget but most of all
understand survival if needed ..

Stay home until you have a plan..

Good luck
DavidBermejo
Tourist
United States of America

Post by DavidBermejo »

So we have enough savings to cover the 2000 deposit each along with money left over to sustain us for a few months in cambodia. We will be getting our innsuarance once we get letter of invintation so we can apply for buissness vise right away. We plan to live in phenom phen. Rn are only problem is findign schools hiring and that can give us letter of invintation. We both have bachelors, tefl, experience instructing in person and are currently starting online teaching as well.
mehfisto
BANNED
Australia

Post by mehfisto »

Where are u from? as a NS teacher from certain countries one earns more than NNS apparently, you may want to be aware of that.

secondly, be aware of everybody's greatest worry, C19 making a big comeback, it could throw a huge spanner in the works
DavidBermejo
Tourist
United States of America

Post by DavidBermejo »

mehfisto wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:30 am Where are u from? as a NS teacher from certain countries one earns more than NNS apparently, you may want to be aware of that.

secondly, be aware of everybody's greatest worry, C19 making a big comeback, it could throw a huge spanner in the works
Im from the US and yes that is a very real fear/risk but its one we are willing to deal with
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

DavidBermejo wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:58 am So we have enough savings to cover the 2000 deposit each along with money left over to sustain us for a few months in cambodia. We will be getting our innsuarance once we get letter of invintation so we can apply for buissness vise right away. We plan to live in phenom phen. Rn are only problem is findign schools hiring and that can give us letter of invintation. We both have bachelors, tefl, experience instructing in person and are currently starting online teaching as well.
For someone supposedly teaching, your spelling is atrocious.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

What is your plan if you did manage to get a visa, got to Cambodia, but then for whatever reason you both found yourselves out of work? That's a very real possibility if there is an outbreak and schools close again. How long could you survive here financially without income? If airfares shoot back up to $1500 or more each could you afford to get back home?
Out of interest, have you been to Cambodia before and if not, why did you choose the KoW?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic