Trump has Covid :::: BREAKING NEWS

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: Trump has Covid :::: BREAKING NEWS

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

atst wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:08 pm What are you all going to complain about if he sadly doesn't recover, has he taken you into any wars like all the past presidents
I have an image in my head. A reporter asking a trump supporter his opinion of Trumps 4 years. After a two minute stare into space he replies "he didn't take us into war"
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Some will say he shot himself in everyone else's foot.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

And here it starts.

Trump to leave hospital on Monday

"Feeling really good!" Mr Trump tweeted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54427390

"Don't be afraid of Covid. Don't let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!!"
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

I know its a horrible thing to say but I really hoped he would suffer from it. Not because I wish him bad but because of the misinformation he will spout if he only has mild symptoms. I truly fear that the result of this will be the cost more lives and more economic hardship as his followers will go back to ignoring the experts and inevitably spreading the virus more.
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

hburns wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:02 am I know its a horrible thing to say but I really hoped he would suffer from it. Not because I wish him bad but because of the misinformation he will spout if he only has mild symptoms. I truly fear that the result of this will be the cost more lives and more economic hardship as his followers will go back to ignoring the experts and inevitably spreading the virus more.
What I find fascinating, as someone who actually speaks with Trump supporters rather than sitting behind a keyboard and disparaging them as something less than human, is that they are not idiots who ignore "experts". They are normal people, many very intelligent, who simply hold values different to those espoused by the globalists. There is, in fact, a whole cadre of "experts" who disagree with globalist "experts" about how to handle this pandemic. And those nationalist "experts" espouse going out, living your life, and simply taking basic precautions like washing your hands.

Most Trump supporters are not stupid. They merely feel that the economic devastation encouraged by the far left's globalist ideology are not the correct way to get the world past this pandemic. We need to accept that this virus is a new feature of the landscape. We can't escape it by cowering in basements, unnecessary draconian lockdowns that cause more pain than they prevent, and really hoping it just goes away. It won't. I cringe every time I see someone who thinks that the globalist mantra is an appropriate solution, despite all the obvious pain and suffering the approach has caused. The virus isn't nearly as bad as the globalist cure.

I don't like Trump. But at least he is not afraid to face the reality of what this virus means. It is truly fantasitic that he has recovered from this virus so quickly. I hope the globalists will wake up and realize that there is no longer a need to cower in basements over this. They are on the losing side of history with regard to how this virus needs to be dealt with.
mehfisto
BANNED
Australia

Post by mehfisto »

I don't have time for Trump but the far left have made absolute fools of themselves with their incessant whinging ever since Hillary lost. The leftis media are a bunch of crybbaies who resort to ad hominem 24 hours a day and often ignore the rest of the world to target Orange Man
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

hburns wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:57 am
"Don't be afraid of Covid. Don't let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!!"
I read his tweets in the style of Victor Kiam advertising Remington
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Wilhelm
Tourist
Canada

Post by Wilhelm »

I think we all know precisely what is meant above by the term, "globalist." Why not demonstrate your patriotic courage by replacing that term with the term you really want to use in its place?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

The globalists, in the true sense of the word, that have made most of an impact in the past 50 years are the economic globalists.
Not lefties at all.
Neoliberalists, economic fundamentalists, who thought it was a good idea to shift the West's manufacturing capacity to China.

(With due respect but it is a fact...)
Mostly lead by USA - who lead the arm twisting all over the world and trashed the whole show in the process.
Suddenly - oh Hey! - we gonna take out football home cos we just woke up.

And the other big globalist scourge. The globalised workforce/open immigration agenda was not driven by the left either. - they just have a fuzzy sentimental attachment and (rightly) jump up and down about refugees.
It was the no-rules capitalists with their push to break western wages, and to grow their markets at home that opened the floodgates. It is BigBiz that is demanding higher and higher immigration into the west.
Fact.

Shutting down globalism is the only thing i fully support Trump on - but please, do not blame the Lefties. We hate it too.
mostly.
It is Wall St, Stupid. (<not you Mono, Everybody)
Last edited by SternAAlbifrons on Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic