Boeng Tompun (Natal clinic references)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
funky-dumpling
Tourist

Boeng Tompun (Natal clinic references)

Post by funky-dumpling »

I am a long-time lurker here. Just the other day I saw a post about a lad looking for a clinic for his broad. Same here now, looks like I will be a dad soon. We are in Boeng Tompun, do you have a place where I can take the lady for the checkup and then eventually where to have the baby. Do I need to find a clinic, near where I live, is that how it works?
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Boeng Tompun

Post by Tarndog »

Long-time lurker but don't know not to knock up a Khmer if you're gonna be on the dole for everything? They will want checkups, scans, and tests every 2 weeks or so, for this or that.

Hope you got big pockets!! Good luck.

But back to your question, it doesn't matter where you take her, but I'd imagine you want to find, ahem, a decent place if you can, as close to your accommodation as possible. She hasn't already been mentioning Calmette?
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

My daughter was born when we lived in Boeung Tumpun. We used Sompop Sorphea Maternity Clinic on St.141. The place and staff were amazing. They amazingly picked the exact date for my daughter's birth and the rooms are more like guest house suites. Oh, and they didn't give the missus an epidural as they thought she had a natural birth in her. I nearly gave it to her at one point as she was screaming so loud but a-typically, they didn't rack up the bill when they easily could have.
funky-dumpling
Tourist

Post by funky-dumpling »

Tarndog wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:58 am Long-time lurker but don't know not to knock up a Khmer if you're gonna be on the dole for everything? They will want checkups, scans, and tests every 2 weeks or so, for this or that.

But back to your question, it doesn't matter where you take her, but I'd imagine you want to find, ahem, a decent place if you can, as close to your accommodation as possible. She hasn't already been mentioning Calmette?
Yeah my fault, I didn't know my sperm was that strong for a 40 something guy. Every 2 weeks, really? She is from the village so doesn't know much. But she said (likely her friends) that we should continue to use the same clinic. We did the ultrasound at Marie Stopes, but I don't know where to go from here. Nope, no big pockets here. Just a regular out of work (mostly) dude. We are a very simple couple that is very happy with what we have.
funky-dumpling
Tourist

Post by funky-dumpling »

Cambo Dear wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:19 am My daughter was born when we lived in Boeung Tumpun. We used Sompop Sorphea Maternity Clinic on St.141. The place and staff were amazing. They amazingly picked the exact date for my daughter's birth and the rooms are more like guest house suites. Oh, and they didn't give the missus an epidural as they thought she had a natural birth in her. I nearly gave it to her at one point as she was screaming so loud but a-typically, they didn't rack up the bill when they easily could have.
This clinic can be 30 minutes away with traffic. I think we should find something closer. Thanks for the suggestion.
funky-dumpling
Tourist

Re: Boeng Tompun (Natal clinic references)

Post by funky-dumpling »

Any other clinics near Boeung Tumpun?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Tarndog wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:58 am Long-time lurker but don't know not to knock up a Khmer if you're gonna be on the dole for everything? They will want checkups, scans, and tests every 2 weeks or so, for this or that.

Bar girls make you bitter, don't they?
camboguy6
Expatriate

Post by camboguy6 »

projection refers to unconsciously taking unwanted emotions or traits you don't like about yourself and attributing them to someone else.
Kammekor wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:17 am

Bar girls make you bitter, don't they?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

funky-dumpling wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:10 am
Cambo Dear wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:19 am My daughter was born when we lived in Boeung Tumpun. We used Sompop Sorphea Maternity Clinic on St.141. The place and staff were amazing. They amazingly picked the exact date for my daughter's birth and the rooms are more like guest house suites. Oh, and they didn't give the missus an epidural as they thought she had a natural birth in her. I nearly gave it to her at one point as she was screaming so loud but a-typically, they didn't rack up the bill when they easily could have.
This clinic can be 30 minutes away with traffic. I think we should find something closer. Thanks for the suggestion.
It's not so far from Boeung Tumpun to Olympic, I doubt you'll find any decent clinics closer than that.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

funky-dumpling wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:04 am

Yeah my fault, I didn't know my sperm was that strong for a 40 something guy. Every 2 weeks, really? She is from the village so doesn't know much. But she said (likely her friends) that we should continue to use the same clinic. We did the ultrasound at Marie Stopes, but I don't know where to go from here. Nope, no big pockets here. Just a regular out of work (mostly) dude. We are a very simple couple that is very happy with what we have.
My sincerest wishes for the best for you two, or three!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic