Are you voting for Joe Biden

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Re: Are you voting for Joe Biden

Post by Random Dude »

[/quote]

I am speculating he held on to classified documents in order to get some buzz.

[/quote]

I suppose anything is possible...
In any case, whatever his reason for doing it he brought it all on himself, it takes some pretty elaborate mental gymnastics to see him as a victim in this.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Random Dude wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:39 pm In any case, whatever his reason for doing it he brought it all on himself, it takes some pretty elaborate mental gymnastics to see him as a victim in this.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:55 pm
Random Dude wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:39 pm In any case, whatever his reason for doing it he brought it all on himself, it takes some pretty elaborate mental gymnastics to see him as a victim in this.
I mean, yeah ... clearly bringing out the best in people right?

Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Random Dude wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:39 pm
I am speculating he held on to classified documents in order to get some buzz.
I suppose anything is possible...
In any case, whatever his reason for doing it he brought it all on himself, it takes some pretty elaborate mental gymnastics to see him as a victim in this.
Were you trying to quote me?

In any case, I will respond. Yes, I think a man who spent years in the world of reality TV could devise a plan to spin a FBI raid into garnering sympathy. Trump is quite the carny.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:18 pm
I'm honestly not really clear what the issue with the laptop is, or is supposed to be.

If it's that Hunter Biden had business interests in China and so presumably Joe was in a position to help him through his influence in the government (which is what I think the point of the video was supposed to be) a few questions come to mind...

1. Maybe I'm wrong but isn't there a sort of unwritten rule where going after the family of politicians is considered dirty politics and so generally avoided? Especially since if you started doing that you'd be dragging in probably dozens of people - from both parties - and they'd all much rather not open that box. Obviously, something especially outrageous would be an exception but a bit of insider trading doesn't seem to be a problem for them, more like the norm.

2. If Biden was to be held accountable for his son's foreign business dealings, shouldn't Trump also face the same scrutiny? He and his family also have business interests in China and elsewhere and had them all through his presidency. Trump even gave his kids senior positions in the Whitehouse which should be even more of a red flag. There's a reason a potential president is expected to get rid of his outside business interests before he takes office, it's to avoid conflicts of interest like that.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Random Dude wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:55 am
I'm honestly not really clear what the issue with the laptop is, or is supposed to be.

If it's that Hunter Biden had business interests in China and so presumably Joe was in a position to help him through his influence in the government (which is what I think the point of the video was supposed to be) a few questions come to mind...

1. Maybe I'm wrong but isn't there a sort of unwritten rule where going after the family of politicians is considered dirty politics and so generally avoided? Especially since if you started doing that you'd be dragging in probably dozens of people - from both parties - and they'd all much rather not open that box. Obviously, something especially outrageous would be an exception but a bit of insider trading doesn't seem to be a problem for them, more like the norm.

2. If Biden was to be held accountable for his son's foreign business dealings, shouldn't Trump also face the same scrutiny? He and his family also have business interests in China and elsewhere and had them all through his presidency. Trump even gave his kids senior positions in the Whitehouse which should be even more of a red flag. There's a reason a potential president is expected to get rid of his outside business interests before he takes office, it's to avoid conflicts of interest like that.
Perhaps you should take the time to watch the video, then you'd have the opportunity to defend the FBI as well.

Also, if you have the time, read the comments on YT, a lot of Americans asking why this isn't being questioned in their own country.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:06 am
Random Dude wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:55 am

Perhaps you should take the time to watch the video, then you'd have the opportunity to defend the FBI as well.

Also, if you have the time, read the comments on YT, a lot of Americans asking why this isn't being questioned in their own country.
I did watch the video, I admit I should probably watch it again if there's something I missed, but isn't the gist of it that they're accusing the Bidens of having business interests in China?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Trump May Have Declassified a Foreign Government's Nuclear Secrets :stir: :facepalm:
Former President Donald Trump may have declassified a document about another country's nuclear defense capabilities—if he is correct that material stored at Mar-a-Lago was declassified.

A document about a foreign government's defenses, including its nuclear capabilities, was among material stored at Trump's Florida residence, according to The Washington Post.

The newspaper reported late on Tuesday that material discussing the nuclear-defense readiness of a foreign government was among documents seized by the FBI during the August 8 raid at Mar-a-Lago, citing anonymous sources familiar with the matter.

Kyle Cheney, senior legal affairs reporter for Politico, shared the article on Twitter and pointed out that Trump has previously said documents held at Mar-a-Lago were declassified.

If true, this would mean the former president had declassified secrets about another country's nuclear capabilities.

"Presuming this bears out, it means Trump's position is that he declassified the ultra-sensitive nuclear secrets of a foreign nation," Cheney wrote.

"Trump's claim that he declassified everything is highly disputed and not necessarily relevant to potential crimes. But his publicly stated position is that he declassified it all, which would include this particular information," he added.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ec#image=1

I for one believe he took them and lots others and kept them, as they would make great additional material for the book he will wrote one day about how the election was stolen an he was outed as persecuted :beer3:

he could than point to the fact that he made America 1st again
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:58 pm Trump May Have Declassified a Foreign Government's Nuclear Secrets :stir: :facepalm:
Former President Donald Trump may have declassified a document about another country's nuclear defense capabilities—if he is correct that material stored at Mar-a-Lago was declassified.

A document about a foreign government's defenses, including its nuclear capabilities, was among material stored at Trump's Florida residence, according to The Washington Post.

The newspaper reported late on Tuesday that material discussing the nuclear-defense readiness of a foreign government was among documents seized by the FBI during the August 8 raid at Mar-a-Lago, citing anonymous sources familiar with the matter.

Kyle Cheney, senior legal affairs reporter for Politico, shared the article on Twitter and pointed out that Trump has previously said documents held at Mar-a-Lago were declassified.

If true, this would mean the former president had declassified secrets about another country's nuclear capabilities.

"Presuming this bears out, it means Trump's position is that he declassified the ultra-sensitive nuclear secrets of a foreign nation," Cheney wrote.

"Trump's claim that he declassified everything is highly disputed and not necessarily relevant to potential crimes. But his publicly stated position is that he declassified it all, which would include this particular information," he added.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ec#image=1

I for one believe he took them and lots others and kept them, as they would make great additional material for the book he will wrote one day about how the election was stolen an he was outed as persecuted :beer3:

he could than point to the fact that he made America 1st again
Quotes from Politico, that paragon of journalistic integrity hahahahaha ....... once again paragraph after paragraph of ‘presuming’ & ‘if true’ & ‘May have’ ‘if he is correct’ ..... one would think that after 6 yrs of ‘ we got him’ and nothing ever panning out, you TDSers might just be gun shy about latching onto every article of speculation about OrangeManBad.

Personally I couldn’t give a rats ass who is President any longer ... Americans like Canadians; Brits; Germans; Frenchmen; Kiwis & Aussie’s; have proven incapable of providing actual leaders for their respective elections and are too docile to oppose the awful decisions they make to the detriment of their Nation’s .....

Having said that, while I thought for sure it would get boring, surprisingly it doesn’t, I think watching TDSers get egg on their face yet again by MSM and the obviously corrupt DOJ is hilarious, I guess once you’ve fallen for so many half truths and outright lies it’s imperative to stick with the crowd and Team Anyone but Trump !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic