Are you voting for Joe Biden

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Are you voting for Joe Biden

Post by Chad Sexington »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:12 am I was sure that Deep State was the bankers (Rothchilds, etc) who tell the pollies what to do (or else). They control both Dems and GOP.
It was until Trump came along, he spoiled the status quo by being independent of the big hitting banks and corporations who had always funded their pet politicians in both major parties (thus gaining control over them) but up rocks Trump, who is obligated to none of them, and the shit hit the fan.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:23 pm
Username Taken wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:12 am I was sure that Deep State was the bankers (Rothchilds, etc) who tell the pollies what to do (or else). They control both Dems and GOP.
It was until Trump came along, he spoiled the status quo by being independent of the big hitting banks and corporations who had always funded their pet politicians in both major parties (thus gaining control over them) but up rocks Trump, who is obligated to none of them, and the shit hit the fan.
2016 was a lot of fun.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Wasn't one of the first things Trump did was give tax breaks to billionaires, to the extent that they paid less tax than anyone else?

That sounds like a lot of the same shit, but maybe different cronies to me.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Random Dude wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:54 pm
Wasn't one of the first things Trump did was give tax breaks to billionaires, to the extent that they paid less tax than anyone else?

You may be correct, but would it not be preferable to give cronies tax breaks, rather than start spurious wars, in order to increase their fortunes?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

BS. Contrary to all his big talk, most of the campaign funding did not come out of his own pocket.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

hanno wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:14 pm
BS. Contrary to all his big talk, most of the campaign funding did not come out of his own pocket.
While most of his campaign funding may well not have all come out of Trumps own pockets, I doubt it came from the pockets of those banks and corporations who’ve been puppet masters to governments prior to Trumps election.
My point still stands that those who had been previously “wrangling governments” and who had expected to continue to do so, had their noses put severely out of joint by Trumps election as president.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:08 pm

You may be correct, but would it not be preferable to give cronies tax breaks, rather than start spurious wars, in order to increase their fortunes?
Just because he didn't start a war doesn't mean "he spoiled the status quo by being independent of the big hitting banks and corporations who had always funded their pet politicians in both major parties (thus gaining control over them) but up rocks Trump, who is obligated to none of them".

I think that just suggests other people approached him initially and so his grift went in a different direction, not that he wasn't open to taking anyone's money and being their puppet.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Random Dude wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:38 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:08 pm

Just because he didn't start a war doesn't mean "he spoiled the status quo by being independent of the big hitting banks and corporations who had always funded their pet politicians in both major parties (thus gaining control over them) but up rocks Trump, who is obligated to none of them".

I think that just suggests other people approached him initially and so his grift went in a different direction, not that he wasn't open to taking anyone's money and being their puppet.
Again, you may be correct, but my point is that the “old Guard” who most likely have a foot in both camps, and had been anticipating business as usual, we’re sorely disappointed (possibly because as you say, Trump had other backers, and a different tune to dance to)
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

"the “old Guard” who most likely have a foot in both camps, and had been anticipating business as usual, we’re sorely disappointed"

Yep, fair point.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

hanno wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:14 pm
Most of it came from this guy. The late Sheldon Adelson.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic