2 Weeks Self Quarantine?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

2 Weeks Self Quarantine?

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Hi, Just wondering what hotel did anyone who has returned to Cambodia used for their 2 weeks self quarantine?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: 2 Weeks Self Quarantine?

Post by atst »

Good question I don't think many hotels are set up for isolation, think most who returned had home's to go to.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

my friend stayed here

http://www.mitohotel.com

he seemed to manage ok and I think it was pretty cheap
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Is the self-isolation period monitored in any way? Whats to stop someone checking into a hotel, sitting around the room for a couple of days, then popping out for a beer for an hour or two, then back into isolation? Or do the hotel staff keep a record? And what about people who stay in apartments - or is it like an 'honesty system' where it is is hoped that everyone will do the right thing. Just all seems a bit loose. If someone has tested negative on entry they may feel they arent much of a danger to anyone and after a few days just carry on life as normal. Do the right thing....haha that may work in NZ / Aus, but thats about it I reckon.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

I dont think it is strictly enforced and monitored but I think there is always the possibility that they may check. That said if they came to my house and I dont hear the bell and open the gate they have no way of knowing am I in or not.

Given that there have been some people diagnosed positive at the 13th day, then it isn't a good idea to assume good health and head outside
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

lagrange wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:34 pm Is the self-isolation period monitored in any way? Whats to stop someone checking into a hotel, sitting around the room for a couple of days, then popping out for a beer for an hour or two, then back into isolation? Or do the hotel staff keep a record? And what about people who stay in apartments - or is it like an 'honesty system' where it is is hoped that everyone will do the right thing. Just all seems a bit loose. If someone has tested negative on entry they may feel they arent much of a danger to anyone and after a few days just carry on life as normal. Do the right thing....haha that may work in NZ / Aus, but thats about it I reckon.
You do realize this is Cambodia, right?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

The quarantine hotel is supposedly monitored and patrolled. Ever since the Khmer American lady took her passport and went back to her home province, and then the 2 PRC gentlemen who simply left quarantine in Sihanoukville, officials have vowed to step up patrols of the quarantine hotels and enforce the rules.

There is CCTV. If they see you leave but then not come back, I would assume that’s when the fugitive search protocol is launched.

With the lucky winners getting CEO shamed.

Avoid Tian Yi hotel is possible.

Don’t get quarantined in Taiwan. Supposedly it’s not very pleasant.

Good luck!
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:19 am The quarantine hotel is supposedly monitored and patrolled. Ever since the Khmer American lady took her passport and went back to her home province, and then the 2 PRC gentlemen who simply left quarantine in Sihanoukville, officials have vowed to step up patrols of the quarantine hotels and enforce the rules.

There is CCTV. If they see you leave but then not come back, I would assume that’s when the fugitive search protocol is launched.

With the lucky winners getting CEO shamed.

Avoid Tian Yi hotel is possible.

Don’t get quarantined in Taiwan. Supposedly it’s not very pleasant.

Good luck!
How is leaving and not coming back relevant? Quarantine is not leaving. Correct?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Gonna paraphrase Tarndog...

‘You do realize this is Cambodia...’
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Honesty and do the right thing does not work in Australia or NZ even with security guards at hotels people still go out.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic