Riverside comedy show

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Riverside comedy show

Post by atst »

7pm sitting on balcony between 154 & 184 riverside I see all the vender's running down the street crossing the road, along come the police plowing thier whistle all the touk touk parking on riverside take off also, one poor touk touk drive got stopped about 8 cops surrounding him, an argument start he gets dragged out pushed around ten minutes later he's put in back of touk touk cop hops in with him and another gets in front and they drive off.
7:30pm cops move off stop blowing thier whistle vender's reappear touk touk reappear everything back to normal. :thumb:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Riverside comedy show

Post by AndyKK »

So was there any reason for the police to turn up?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Probably selling ice.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Just clearing the street and sidewalk I think,it worked for ten minutes
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Comedy show starting early today :facepalm:
Apparently the police telling people need to clear the road for traffic no parking and clear footpath no selling.
That's helping struggling people trying to make a living alot.
Pathetic
Cops gone everyone coming back slowly
Last edited by atst on Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

atst wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:35 pm Comedy show starting early today :facepalm:
Take your seats please.
:popcorn:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Hahaha Wednesday matinee just watching one of those old ladies selling noodles having to pack up carry everything across the street wait few minutes then bring it back
So sad and pathetic, cops looking bored as well a lost cause.
Wonder who will win the war of nutrition, my monies on the old ladies
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Funniest thing police car coming along with load speaker going ,all touk touk in front of him cause traffic jams doing u turns and then park behind them as they move along the road hahaha KOW , perfect example of Cambodian police intelligence.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I saw a similar thing when I was in PP several months ago. It appeared to me that the police were only trying to move those parked in no parking zones (all along the road), so traffic could flow freely. The people selling on the riverside all took off, but it appeared that the police were not concerned about them. If the sellers had just stayed where they were, there probably would not have been any problems for them. Like others have said, when the police went, people parked in the no parking zones again.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic