Do I look stupid? Another bad night

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Do I look stupid? Another bad night

Post by atst »

Went for Indian food tonight yes I know I shouldn't but food tasted nice, just once started eating they were keen for me to take my food and go, many times asked if I wanted to take home, started to think maybe they stuck something in the food and wanted me to go before it kicked in, anyway so far so good not needing the toilet.
Bill comes $2 for 2 beers , draft beer 75 cents? Ohh we give you can beer , so where are my cans I say I only have a glass, did I win a motorcycle?
No you only win a beer ,ok take $1 off the bill
Fuck me food good, price ok but for 50cents they lost a customer for life dumb cunts.
I can't think how many times my bill has been wrong more times than right, yes sometimes in my favour but I let them know and pay the correct amount if good experience
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Do I look stupid? Another bad night

Post by FrankReynolds »

Why shouldn't you go for Indian food?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

why didn't ya go to one of andy's recommended Indian restaurants or better still
have it delivered and save 40-50%
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:23 pm why didn't ya go to one of andy's recommended Indian restaurants or better still
have it delivered and save 40-50%
I like going out but yes I should take your advice
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

FrankReynolds wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:55 pm Why shouldn't you go for Indian food?
For sure. That's one of the reasons to live in Cambodia. You can go out several times per week and still live on $800/month. Live it up.

I had some great Indian food when I was in Siem Reap. A couple times were among the best $4 meals I've ever gotten.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Well back to riverside Cambodian restaurant great food draft beers 80cent expensive, out comes the bill, beers 50cent they extended the happy hour for me, what a shock I'll have to go back to this place again happy happy, amazing what 50 cents can do for your business
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Tightwad.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Khmu Nation wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:14 am Tightwad.
Is tightwad the same as a pensioner/retiree trying to stretch his budget?
When your budget is limited, why pay $2 for a draft beer if you can get it for .50 cents.

As the saying goes, "you watch the pennies, and the pounds will look after themselves".
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:42 am
When your budget is limited, why pay $2 for a draft beer if you can get it for .50 cents.

As the saying goes, "you watch the pennies, and the pounds will look after themselves".
Even when you're not on a budget why pay $2 for something when you can get it for 50cent
Tightwad is a word people use when they see people with money not throwing it away like they do.
I've got a motorcycle not a car must be a tightwad

And that's a great saying my mother used to say, it's helped me through life,
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:42 am

The Chinese have a saying, ' if I find a dollar it does not make me rich, if I lose a dollar it does not make me poor'. Not sure how relevant that is, just thought I'd join in.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic