Putin's opposition shot dead

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Putin's opposition shot dead

Post by Yobbo »

CaliforniaGuy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Putin's opposition shot dead

Post by CaliforniaGuy »

We keep hearing results of surveys about how high Putin's popularity rating is in Russia. Maybe now we know why?

"Hey comrade, you love Putin?" :evil:
"Who me?, yes sure, of course. We love him." :bow:
I wish I knew a whole lot more, or a whole lot less.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Putin's a real class act, Not! Jail all the people that own big business's, shoot the opposition/news media. have trumped up trials and then give the business's to your buddies. Can you say Chief Thug?

No wonder we get the thug-Russians in Snookyville with an example like this. Old Joe Stalin has nothing on this guy. Well, Russia tried to have a democratic government, but with these thugs, so much for that. Looks like a new Cold War. Hopefully the price of oil will stay low so he doesn't have the money to build up his military and if he does he tanks what economy there still is in Russia. Can you say a car load of bread for a loaf of bread. Ruble toilet-paper next?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Dammit. I made the prediction on here that Putin himself would be assassinated this year.

I guess I need help interpreting my visions...
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote:Dammit. I made the prediction on here that Putin himself would be assassinated this year.

Art thou a prophet?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Sailorman wrote:Putin's a real class act, Not! Jail all the people that own big business's... have trumped up trials and then give the business's to your buddies. Can you say Chief Thug?
Old Joe Stalin has nothing on this guy.
Many big oligarchs of Russian business were able to consolidate their wealth through illegitimate deals and cronyism with the former Boris Yeltsin government after the chaotic breakdown of the Soviet Union. It's not like they were independent entrepreneurs who made it big through hard work and creative ideas and personal capital risk.

Putin is a thug and a liar and a mafioso and a creep of the lowest order, but saying he is already worse than Stalin is hyperbole at this point. Stalin caused the deaths of tens of millions, not thousands. So far Putin is just a greedy scumbag and control junkie...although I admit he seems potentially capable of a scorched-earth policy in the Ukraine and former Soviet satellite states that could have a horrific body count if cooler heads don't prevail. It won't come to war, because the EU is a weak-kneed basket case and NATO is about as threatening as a troupe of girl scouts.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

StroppyChops wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:Dammit. I made the prediction on here that Putin himself would be assassinated this year.

Art thou a prophet?
If Putin ends up getting assassinated this year, I think we all need to consider the possibility that I am.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

General Mackevili wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:

Art thou a prophet?
If Putin ends up getting assassinated this year, I think we all need to consider the possibility that I am.
Nah, he's the one putin everyone in their place, not the other way around.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

It won't come to war, because the EU is a weak-kneed basket case and NATO is about as threatening as a troupe of girl scouts.[/quote]

And they need his gas, gets mighty cold over there!
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

Putin didn't get to where he has gotten, and stayed there, by being stupid and for Putin to have ordered this guy's killing would have been stupid. this will just provide the US with an excuse to do something they were already going to do

"It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.” Mark Twain
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic