Is this for real??

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Is this for real??

Post by Element6 »

can this be real and so blatant? Not sure if anyone here is in a position to follow up

Tiger claws for sale

https://www.khmer24.com/en/ករចកខល-adid-5023125.html
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Is this for real??

Post by Element6 »

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

The World Wildlife Foundation has an office here in Phnom Penh.

Pass on the info to them and let us know how they respond. :thumb:

https://wwf.panda.org/wwf_offices/cambodia/

https://www.facebook.com/WWFCambodia/
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

thanks for the links. I sent them a message with the links to the adverts and will see what they come back with
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

I don't know anything about tiger claws, but those look like they're probably only ~1cm long? I'd think tigers would have larger claws than that.

Edit: OK, I looked it up real quick. Tiger's claws can be up to 10cm(4" for my U.S. friends). I'd think even the small ones would be a lot bigger than the claws being sold in the photos. Maybe they're from a large street cat?
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

In Indonesia (Jawa tengah), we had a farewell party at our home with around 60 workers (mostly young, 25ish). Dangdut, beer, vodka, a good evening with happy people.
At one point, i hear some trouble in the garden. one of the shyest and youngest guy, Toa, was behaving like a pissed-off big cat, jumping around, scratching people with his fingers, roaring and so on. It took 10 mn to catch him, but finally his closest friends put him flat on ground, and try to reach Toa's handphone.
One of the pals gave a call, then put the device on Toa's ear, and he almost instantly calmed down. A few minutes later, he recovered his mind and was back to normal, totally unaware of his previous behavior, like nothing did happen.
He took his wallet out of his pocket, opened it, and took a tiger's claw out of it.

Backstory : his father is a chaman, and put a tiger's claw in his wallet, to give his son the strenght and spirit of a tiger. The boy was aware that the claw was in his wallet. The call on handphone was to his father, so he could say the right words to break the spell, which occured because of the altered state of mind provoked by the unusual and excessive alcool consumption.

It was indeed a big party after many months of hard work, ending my two years experience working in that company. Party, release of mind, alcool, I guess all matched to make the boy's mind switch into tiger mode.
The claw was exactly like the photo on the 1st post / OP's link.

True story.

The power of suggestion and auto-suggestion in a society where animism is still part of people's life, and other weird parameters.

Tough to be a tiger these days, beetween the poachers, the chamans and the Joe Exotics here and there...
Last edited by Ghostwriter on Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Element6 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:46 pm can this be real and so blatant? Not sure if anyone here is in a position to follow up

Tiger claws for sale

https://www.khmer24.com/en/ករចកខល-adid-5023125.html
As animism is previous to other religions, not only this is real, but it occurs since a biiiiiig while.
See my post above. ^
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

well I wrote to WWF and have had zero response.

Maybe busy searching for a bigger villa with pool or specc'ing out their new range rover.....
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Element6 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:13 pm well I wrote to WWF and have had zero response.
Well at least you tried. Good on you. :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic