Spitting Image returns

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Spitting Image returns

Post by IraHayes »

Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Spitting Image returns

Post by Ghostwriter »

reminds me of this
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Fab, thanks Ghost ^^^ mins 0:53 - the spectacles.

I have been looking for a pair of adjustable eyeglasses since i saw a photograph in the Cambodian Daily years ago about an NGO handing out some which looked very similar to those in the Genesis clip.
But never been able to track any down, anywhere.
(i think i might need them for here on CEO, but mostly cos the style would suit me perfectly)

These one under development are pretty cool too - but the metallica look is what i want.
https://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/ ... r-time.jpg
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Well we did have our French equivalent for 30 years, 20 mn a day, 5 days a week, and it was fun.
It had been terminated in 2018 though.
It aired 2 years after the Uk original.

Fifty shades of fat (with our former president)

[media]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Guignols[/media]
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:26 am I have been looking for a pair of adjustable eyeglasses since i saw a photograph in the Cambodian Daily years ago about an NGO handing out some which looked very similar to those in the Genesis clip.
Try google "Steampunk glasses", see the designs crafted by nerds ?

The glasses on your link seems to have electronic components. Is it what you look for ?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Thanks Ghost ^^
No, after reading thru first 5 pages of a catalogue they all look a bit contrived - a bit too a la fashionista
even the few double lens pairs.

No, not electronic either, that was just an example.
The pairs that Genesis are wearing on the "front cover" of your post (see above) were perff.
(and also around min 0:54)
real nerd
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I was watching a documentary just the other night on the original Spitting Image where most of the politicians and celebrities that were featured in it were saying that although they hated to be in it, it became a pinnacle of one's career that you were important enough to have a puppet made of you.

Apparently there was the odd unsuccessful law suite where people weren't happy with how they being portrayed, but as the show only featured puppets and the producers were very careful not to explicitly name any of them outright (which left it open to interpretation) much like the puppets themselves, they didn't have a leg to stand on, which is why they were able to go much further than they would have been had they used real-life actors.

I just hope it stays true-to-form in this age of wokeness and snowflakes.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

I hope the episodes proper aren’t as toothless as the promo. :?
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

nerdlinger wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:23 pm I hope the episodes proper aren’t as toothless as the promo. :?
Depends on who owns the tv channel it's on.....that's what terminated ours....news / industry / politic cartels....
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

xandreu wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:29 pm I was watching a documentary just the other night on the original Spitting Image where most of the politicians and celebrities that were featured in it were saying that although they hated to be in it, it became a pinnacle of one's career that you were important enough to have a puppet made of you.

Apparently there was the odd unsuccessful law suite where people weren't happy with how they being portrayed, but as the show only featured puppets and the producers were very careful not to explicitly name any of them outright (which left it open to interpretation) much like the puppets themselves, they didn't have a leg to stand on, which is why they were able to go much further than they would have been had they used real-life actors.

I just hope it stays true-to-form in this age of wokeness and snowflakes.
I saw a documentary about the show, Fluck and Law I think they were called, who said that once the show stopped they were contacted by various celebrities about obtaining their puppet as a memento and who took it all as great fun.

Here's some more new characters...

Look what is on her top!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic