Setting up business in Cambodia - what are we missing?

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Setting up business in Cambodia - what are we missing?

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Hi Sarah. 'Agree in full with Trufflehead. ^^^
But with an added caution about your potential market.
Personally, i reckon that the huge increase in Western visitors to Cambodia over the past 20 years was driven by a number of factors which all played into each other. Like many fashion flavours, it went on a roll when things were all in-line just right.

That steam train has now left those rails. I have big doubts if western tourists will ever return to Cambodia in the numbers we saw before.
Locals, Chinese and maybe ASEANs may be safer tourist markets to shoot for.
- or a much smaller niche Western target.

(strictly IMO)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Setting up business in Cambodia - what are we missing?

Post by AndyKK »

Property rentals just to start with, quotes in this thread are saying that cheap renting is now available. I have mostly noticed in past years that Cambodian property owners who rent/lease such property suited to the hotel/restaurant business don't leave much margin for the tenants to make profits if they're not mainly fully occupied most months, also you would be renting for a period of time, being one year minimal with deposits, and possibly two months rent in advance.
Now, like it has been quoted there are many more rentals on the market, obviously at a lower price, but unfortunately this is just marketing because it is actually a high price at this time (being a large multi room building) just for yourselves, because their are no potential guests.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic