3 Kids Badly Burnt in Gasoline Explosion

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

3 Kids Badly Burnt in Gasoline Explosion

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Banteay Meanchey: A terrible accident occurred on the afternoon of September 19, 2020 in Kork Prich village, Banteay Meanchey province, when an 11-year-old boy was filling up a bottle full of gasoline at his grandma's noodle stall and petrol shop.
The kid didn't put the petrol pump on hold properly, and the leaking gasoline caught fire and injured the boy and his two siblings, aged 7 and 3. The stall caught fire immediately, and it took the nearby residents more than one hour to extinguish the fire. Fortunately, the blaze did not spread any further, but the 7-year-old boy is in a critical state with severe facial burns as well as burns on his arms and body .

Colonel Sao Saroeun, Police Inspector of Thmar Puok District, said that the three injured children were: 1- Yan Ly Yong, male, 11 years old, who poured the petrol 2. his brother, Yan Ly Yen, a 7-year-old boy who was watching nearby, seriously injured, and 3: Chat Kim Chhay, a 3-year-old sister who was burnt on both legs .
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 3 Kids Badly Burnt in Gasoline Explosion

Post by DaveG »

Unbelievable...WTF is an 11 year old doing pissing about with petrol, where are the parents. :BangHead:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

DaveG wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:00 am Unbelievable...WTF is an 11 year old doing pissing about with petrol, where are the parents. :BangHead:
Sounds like the kid was "helping" his old granny at the shop. As they do.
She was probably minding the kids while the parents were out at work. :(
rockyboy612
Expatriate
Philippines

Post by rockyboy612 »

I hope the authorities realize how dangerous is a DIY roadside gasoline stop. The kid probably just wanted to help granny.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:12 am
DaveG wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:00 am Unbelievable...WTF is an 11 year old doing pissing about with petrol, where are the parents. :BangHead:
One of our local shop houses routinely lets their 4 year old son fill customers moto’s with gasoline.
The combination of small child, gasoline filled glass coke bottle, cement floor, and customers smoking cigarettes only feet away makes me cringe every time I see it (for the record, I refuse to fill up my Moto at this shop for that very reason)
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Chad Sexington wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:57 pm
One of our local shop houses routinely lets their 4 year old son fill customers moto’s with gasoline.
The combination of small child, gasoline filled glass coke bottle, cement floor, and customers smoking cigarettes only feet away makes me cringe every time I see it (for the record, I refuse to fill up my Moto at this shop for that very reason)
Cigarettes alone cannot ignite petrol vapour (don’t believe Hollywood movies). It’d have to be a naked flame, like a lighter used to ignite the cig!
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

whatwat wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:02 pm Cigarettes alone cannot ignite petrol vapour (don’t believe Hollywood movies). It’d have to be a naked flame, like a lighter used to ignite the cig!
Not true.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Cambodians are not safety conscious. They may make an issue of this one, and say they shouldn't be doing it, but they will be doing the same at thousands of other places.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

whatwat wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:02 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:57 pm
Cigarettes alone cannot ignite petrol vapour (don’t believe Hollywood movies). It’d have to be a naked flame, like a lighter used to ignite the cig!
Fair comment, ( I was surprised at the results of research carried out on the theory)
I forgot to add that the kids father is often stick welding on ploughs etc. in the same vicinity.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

explorer wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:20 pm Cambodians are not safety conscious.
More blatant generalizations from our resident brain box. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic