Strength of draft beer.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Strength of draft beer.

Post by pauloxleyisland »

Got to say I find it all a bit weak. I put I down to the beautiful climate, great beer drinking weather. Ankor in a stubbie is my beer of choice but after a dozen or so I struggle to get a glow up. My Khmer friends and brother in laws end up on the floor and can’t believe how “strong” I am. Funny thing is I’m normally not much of a drinker, I put it down to either the alcohol isn’t really what it says it is or because of the heat I really need a beer.
I know the big words make your cock feel bigger, but I’m just an old truck driver keep it simple aye! 8)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Your Khmer friends and brothers in law must be lightweight drinkers, most Cambodians, men and women, I drink with are the complete opposite, mind you they constantly eat while drinking also which obviously helps, once I start drinking I lose my appetite for food.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

hanno wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:53 am
Yerg wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:40 am I found draft weak too. Preferred cans. Just remember to give the top a bloody good clean before you drink out of the can.
How would you do that? Give it a wipe with a tissue? Won't get rid of anything.

Errrrrr what?

That's all slime and AIDS from the top of a beer can right there, pal.

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Captain Bonez wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:40 pm Errrrrr what?
Where have you been, you frothy tosser?

And don't say busy working.........all the 2nd tier kindergartens are still shuttered.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Brody wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:03 pm Where have you been, you frothy tosser?
The only thing frothing was the tip of your tiny pee pee when you saw my name, faggot :wink:
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Captain Bonez wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:19 am
Brody wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:03 pm Where have you been, you frothy tosser?
The only thing frothing was the tip of your tiny pee pee when you saw my name, faggot :wink:
It this kind of conversation the gets Explorer all frothy under his collar!! :beer3:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Just arrived at Chez Doc...

What could possibly go wrong...
brisie
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by brisie »

If we take a read of the draft beers FG before we pour we should get a read of about 1.008 then we add refrigerant cooled H2O till it forms the size of small pebbles and ad that to the glass then pour the fresh beer on top.
After a few minutes a chemical reaction will start to occur called teatotalluse where the H2O and beer will start to blend together.
Then we take a second read of the beverage with our refractometer and we should get a different read to the previous around 1.004 FG.
If we take 1.008 - 1.004 = .004
We know the beer is 5% we take .004 x 131.25 = .525
5 -.525 = %4.475
So our booze % 4.475
Woody
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Woody »

If you foolishly drink it with ice
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Captain Bonez wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:40 pm
hanno wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:53 am
Yerg wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:40 am I found draft weak too. Preferred cans. Just remember to give the top a bloody good clean before you drink out of the can.
How would you do that? Give it a wipe with a tissue? Won't get rid of anything.

Errrrrr what?

That's all slime and AIDS from the top of a beer can right there, pal.

And you do think it is safe to drink from that can now? Do you also wipe down cutler/chop sticks when in a restaurant?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic