Strength of draft beer.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Shazza
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Strength of draft beer.

Post by Shazza »

That's very good of you doc,taking one for the team, please document your progress though the day, if you start to see double, or your a bit wonky on your feet, for gods sake, go back to the draft beer. We hope to be in kampot, when we are able to travel again, so with you trying this very fine experiment, you will save me a lot of time and money. Good luck 🍺
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

hanno wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:53 am
Yerg wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:40 am I found draft weak too. Preferred cans. Just remember to give the top a bloody good clean before you drink out of the can.
How would you do that? Give it a wipe with a tissue? Won't get rid of anything.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out how to properly clean the top of a can. You'll note I said "clean", not wipe the can.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Yerg wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:58 am
Yerg wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:40 am I found draft weak too. Preferred cans. Just remember to give the top a bloody good clean before you drink out of the can.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out how to properly clean the top of a can. You'll note I said "clean", not wipe the can.
Hmm, I still would like to know ;-)
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

I’ve seen barang do this even after the can has been in ice. I get it if there’s dust from a shelf but what good is wiping the top going to do especially if you eat local or use ice?

Maybe spray it with sanitizer.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I give the cans a wipe with my shirt, it's more of a magic rub to win another can than cleaning :Yahoo!:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Another thing I find I'm drinking the beers only for the thrill of the rig pulls, it's a gambling addiction
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I never even wipe the can, I drink a lot and don't want to waste time. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Ice cold. Liquid. They’re all a lager, so immediately it’s compromised. I prefer beer in bottles, rather than cans. With the notable exception of draught Guinness in a can.

Order of preference (beers)

Draught Guinness/Extra cold
Scrumpy
Peroni, bottled
Asahi bottled
Dos Equis
Corona&lime
Soda Water&lime.* unless alcohol is required, in which case see below.
Draught lager. At this stage, short (‘merican) pints may actually be a plus. Drink mainly as a means of cooling.
Anchor/Cambodia/tiger in cans
Ganzberg

Only one of the above requires Ice in the glass.*
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

hanno wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:59 pm
Yerg wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:58 am
Hmm, I still would like to know ;-)
You open the can, dampen a tissue with beer, and let the alcohol work it's magic. Simple!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:32 am Ice cold. Liquid. They’re all a lager, so immediately it’s compromised. I prefer beer in bottles, rather than cans. With the notable exception of draught Guinness in a can.

Order of preference (beers)

Scrumpy
Peroni, bottled
Asahi bottled
Dos Equis
Corona&lime
Soda Water&lime.* unless alcohol is required, in which case see below.
Draught lager. At this stage, short (‘merican) pints may actually be a plus. Drink mainly as a means of cooling.
Anchor/Cambodia/tiger in cans
Ganzberg

Only one of the above requires Ice in the glass.*

You'll be pleased to know that someone is importing Guinness cans, the draught ones with the widget, 440ml. Two bars that I know currently stock it -Underground on 130 @$4.50 a can and Harrys (formerly Cadillac Bar) on Sissowath Quay at $5 a can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic