Worried about 2 British travellers in Cambodia - advice needed

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Worried about 2 British travellers in Cambodia - advice needed

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

:Yahoo!:
Doc67 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:05 am
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:58 am
Freightdog wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:34 am
grumpygit wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:23 am Last chance to tag team a mum n daughter guys.. just lock your valuables away first.
From the photos, it might be difficult to distinguish which is which, now that both look so rough. (They didn’t start out well, as it is)

So, age old question. Would you?
In answering that question I have just found an added respect for hookers, and realise why almost all heterosexual transactions involve a male customer: Fillies don't have to get aroused for cucumber rumba.
What kind of heterosexual "transactions" don't involved a male?
Male customer. I'll let that one go, but you owe me a faux pas.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Grand Barong wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:19 pm
Freightdog wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:34 am
grumpygit wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:23 am Last chance to tag team a mum n daughter guys.. just lock your valuables away first.
From the photos, it might be difficult to distinguish which is which, now that both look so rough. (They didn’t start out well, as it is)

So, age old question. Would you?
Butt
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

I don't mean to disparage Maria, or discount her - Maria is usually feminine (tell that to Marion Wayne)
- concern and kindness, but this thread could become a hall-of-famer. Along with I Dream of Jenny, James Whitlowlife, The Argie's Sticky Hand of God, etal, in the 'Wacky Westerners' category.

Or, it could die an anticlimatical fizzle.

Or, it could be just ok.

Think that's everything covered.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:57 pm I don't mean to disparage Maria, or discount her - Maria is usually feminine (tell that to Marion Wayne)
- concern and kindness, but this thread could become a hall-of-famer. Along with I Dream of Jenny, James Whitlowlife, The Argie's Sticky Hand of God, etal, in the 'Wacky Westerners' category.

Or, it could die an anticlimatical fizzle.

Or, it could be just ok.

Think that's everything covered.
The perfect Storm could be created in PP if they meet up with and befriend Jenny..... :dragonchase:
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

I'll be in pp in a couple of weeks. Hopefully these 2 skanks are in town by then.

I have to say you lot are either over fussy or not being fully honest.

I doubt many of you would would say no if you met them in the street/bar ect.

You'd obviously not want to see the photos.
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

grumpygit wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:07 am I have to say you lot are either over fussy or not being fully honest.

Yes, who wouldn't want a pair of skanky, stabby, thieving meth-head chavs? Have you been living in Saudi Arabia or is there some other reason you are coming across as so desperate?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

grumpygit wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:07 am I'll be in pp in a couple of weeks. Hopefully these 2 skanks are in town by then.

I have to say you lot are either over fussy or not being fully honest.

You'd obviously not want to see the photos.
It's not about their physical appearance, they are blonde tanned etc,, would be easy for them to pick up guys thats a no brainer & what they have been doing.
But now knowing their backstory of how they are thieving drug using trashy pieces of work, would it be worth the drama?
No Thanks...

Let us all know how it goes for you if you catch up with them in a couple of weeks! You think it's going to be a free encounter?
Be interesting to see what it costs you if you go there.
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:12 am
grumpygit wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:07 am I have to say you lot are either over fussy or not being fully honest.

Yes, who wouldn't want a pair of skanky, stabby, thieving meth-head chavs? Have you been living in Saudi Arabia or is there some other reason you are coming across as so desperate?
I missed the stabby part..who got stabbed Bingham?
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

grumpygit wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:40 am
John Bingham wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:12 am

I missed the stabby part..who got stabbed Bingham?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:40 am
Private Nuts wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:52 am Crikey, I think I walked past the younger one on the street about a month ago and regretted not stopping to say hi, because I met them through a friend (who now seems to have a very low opinion of them) and I'd matched with her on tinder. So I was like, oh I should have said "hey, aren't you so and so's friend", because she's pretty stunning, more than stunning, she looks like a fashion model when she doesn't have dreads. But, unfortunately I've only ever heard bad things about them. They seemed nice when I met them but the whole Yahweh mysticism thing was a bit too intense for me. But to each their own. They were nice to me when I met them, so I won't judge them on the bad gossip, so wish them luck, but you have to keep those visas up to date, you can't run forever and who would want that stress on their shoulders everyday anyway. Not a nice feeling to wake up with each morning.
I don't see anything attractive there, but maybe I've been in asia too long, and I actually look at what type of person they seem to be. That's embarrassing.

If anyone thinks they're hot, look at the young one in the photo, then remember that I told you "that's a man." Not so much?
The looks thing?, Where did you say "that's a man"?. Share the post.
Did you meet her in person or see her tinder profile?. The company in Dubai didn't think she was a man when they took that pic which she had on her tinder profile. "That's a man"?, you'd be flush in the face if she sat opposite you in a restaurant. Even if you're gay, you'd see it, so you can't use that as an excuse.
Ok so to each their own again, I said fashion model hot, did you see her tinder profile?. No.
Did you meet them in person?, No.
I feel being hot has contributed to a perception of the world which has possibly contributed to them thinking they can get away with stuff, where others couldn't.

"I actually look at what type of person they seem to be". Mate, there are people who have been married for 20 years and don't realise the type of person they're married to and you never even met them in person.

When I met her, she was chilled, she spent most of the time hanging out with a cat and occasionally contributing to the conversation. She spoke politely and introduced herself, I was off because I'd had a bad day and because I was tired and so I left first. I pretty much never saw them again, but my wiser older friends guestimated I liked her and warned me off.. They both have big personalities, the mum bigger than the daughters, but that could be a defense mechanism due to past trauma.

Now to my year 12, 2 unit, social studies, pass mark, psychoanalysis.

If you can't find them on Facebook, which you don't have to be Colombo to do, than I'd like to play cluedo with you, because you're an easy win.

So, we're all human, alot of us have gone through bad shit. That, if not addressed properly can cause problems.

So, the things I'm saying are publicly available, I'm not sharing private information, that was done via the person who posted the passport photo. As I said if you're colombo it's easy, if you can't, I want to win against you in cluedo.

I feel the mum is, and I hate hippies, I grew up in a hippy town, I'm like Eric cartmans approach when it comes to "goddamn hippies!", she's so hippy that not only would she be an eccentric in my hippy town but I think the daughter has incorporated that into her personality. I know enough to know the mums been through alot, so the daughter is mimicking the mum ,in my opinion, kind of looking for a role model, but, they're both adults, and!, They're in a foreign country. This isn't England ladies, yes you're hot, being hot gets lots of doors opened for you that wouldn't otherwise be, but somehow a downward spiral occurred.
Is it both to blame?, Is there a psychiatric evaluation needed for the mum?, how much can the British government intervene when it's not England, this is Cambodia guys, that's what I said to Aaron in Cambodia when he posted a video with him uploading videos of smoking weed from a Cambodian ip address, then he gave me shit for being a pussy. This is not your country. Respect the sovereinty of Cambodia, keep your visas in check, don't do these OTC drugs unless you have a doctor's prescription. Just respect the laws of the foreign country you're in, because you're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy.
So, I'm trying to look at it from both sides, yeah, they've been through their family stresses, they've come here, they ran out of money, they thought they could find a way because being hot has always been got them out of trouble, or maybe the mum and the daughter listened and said ok. Looks didn't work or "Yahweh "said no you can't use your looks to make money, so, they stayed optimistic, again I feel it's more the mum, I've seen the younger one do livestreams on Facebook when they've split up due to fights and she is pretty normal and cool, way too hippy for me, although as a guy, yes that's why my eternally optimistic little fella downstairs was like, "no, this could work, we could work it out, and our kids would hot as f@ck.", The man's eternal optimist that lives in his pants.
At the end of the day, it sounds like alot of people have lost probably not alot, but lots of people have lost small amounts, enough for some to consider big amounts, of money, due to their actions. That is not fair for those people and those people deserve justice.
Those people who were lost money because of their actions deserve retribution.
If there is a case for mental illness that caused this, perhaps the English taxpayer will have to foot the bill.
Being hot is not an excuse for breaking the law, in your own country or and far more importantly in a foreign country.
One of the Facebook accounts dissapeared yesterday.
I think there's alot of anger towards them, I think there's for men probably a degree of, let's not be as harsh on, because they're hot, as we would be if they were ugly men.
Dude these chicks could have easily gone to Japan and got 500 bucks a night lighting drunk Japanese business mens cigarettes and laughing at their drunken jokes.
Wow what a rant, yeah so what's the point of this rant. Respect the sovereinty of the country you're in. It doesn't matter how hot you are, always make freedom you're highest priority!, without freedom you have nothing!, and as a tourist, respecting the countries sovereignty is your highest priority.
My goal in this rant was to try to show their human side and how easily we can slip into downward spirals by not respecting laws in foreign nations. I'm hesitant to post this, maybe because, I don't know, I don't want to get too involved. I kind of got involved when I started thinking about, maybe I could date her and get over the hippy Yahweh stuff, but I don't think I could have. The final message is a message that needs to be at the forefront of all the expats on this forums minds, this is Cambodia guys, these people who say you need to adapt to the SE Asian way, brush them off, it's rubbish. Adapt to the laws of the country you're visiting or staying in, you'll sleep much easier, sorry for the rant, this threads just been on my mind alot the last couple of days. I don't know if I should post this or not, I seem to have been writing it to, well I don't know, I saw the reaction post to my first post and then it's turned into a rant trying to, I guess humanise how nice people can arrive at this type of behaviour. Just be a good person and if you're travelling and are running out of money, with no money in site, go home or go to your embassy like no joke Howard had to do to get his loan to go back to the states, the outcome will be alot better. Cheers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic